Accommodates wide range of substrate sizes, fluids, and processes for SMT, PCB packaging, and microelectronics assembly applications.
Nordson ASYMTEK, a Nordson company (NASDAQ: NDSN), a leader in dispensing, jetting, and coating equipment and technologies, introduces the Quantum™ Q-6800 high-performance, large-format dispensing system for SMT, PCB packaging, and microelectronics assembly applications. Quantum’s dispense area of 423 x 458 mm handles a wide range of substrate sizes and is large enough so the dispense area isn’t compromised even with dual valve configurations, enabling flexibility in the dispensing process. The patent-pending Continuous Path software feature optimizes dispense-head motion to save time and increase units per hour (UPH) for jetted line applications, while Nordson ASYMTEK’s advanced, patented process controls ensure accurate and reliable dispensing results that meet the technology and manufacturing needs of demanding SMT and electronics assembly operations. The optional dual-action or dual-simultaneous valve configurations maximize high-throughput applications and can reduce dispensing time by up to 50%. Manufacturers can dramatically increase yield and throughput.
“Nordson ASYMTEK has taken its large-format dispensing platform and added to it the features, options, and closed-loop process controls that are found on its smaller, precision-dispensing system platforms,” explained Brian Chung, Nordson ASYMTEK product manager. “The Quantum system gives manufacturers a stable, robust, time-tested platform to use for large substrates or parts and a versatile and flexible system that can be configured in numerous ways to increase speed and throughput for microelectronics assembly operations.”
Features and benefits of the Quantum Series system include:
- Dispenses precise volumes of fluid in dots, lines, and patterns
- Continuous Path Motion jetted line dispensing for improved UPH
- Laser Height Sensor for real-time, fast, non-contact dispense height measurement
- Digital Vision System that incorporates high-brightness, three-color RGB LEDs for superior image contrast and detection
- Patented Calibrated Process Jetting (CPJ™) software that automatically compensates for changes in fluid viscosity, ensuring precise volumetric repeatability and optimized line speed for closed-loop fluid dispensing reliability
- Patented Mass Flow Calibration (MFC) that uses weight-controlled dispensing and automatic calibration to continuously deliver consistent fluid amounts, especially for valve and pump dispensing.
The Quantum platform supports most Nordson ASYMTEK jets, pumps, and valves, including the DispenseJet® DJ-9500 and NexJet® NJ-7 jet valves. From initial process development through full-scale production you are supported by Nordson ASYMTEK’s experienced worldwide engineering, applications development, and technical service network.
Demonstrations of the Quantum Q-6800 series can be seen at IPC APEX 2014, Las Vegas, NV from March 25-27 at booth #1937. For more information or to see a demonstration contact Brian Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org or watch the video of the Quantum in action on our website at www.nordsonasymtek.com/quantum.