Pickering Interfaces, a leading provider of signal switching and simulation solutions used in electronic test and verification, will be featuring their broad catalog of PXI and Ethernet LXI RF & Microwave switching solutions at the Electronic Design Innovation Conference (EDICON) in Shanghai at booth E4.4372 on March 20-22, 2018.
Pickering’s RF & Microwave Switching solutions range from low-level DC signals to RF and Microwave. These switching solutions can be used to increase the flexibility of Test and Measurement systems with signal bandwidths up to 65GHz. Configurations available within their PXI and LXI platforms include multiplexer, matrix, transfer and general-purpose SPDT switches.
Below are some of the products that will be highlighted at the show:
PXI Microwave Multiplexers (model 40-784A) – these support 4-way or 6-way multiplexers in single, dual or triple formats. They are characterized for 6GHz, 18GHz, 26.5GHz, or 40GHz and have excellent performance throughout their frequency range. All models occupy just two 3U PXI slots.
PXI Microwave SPDT Relays (model 40-780A) – these support from 1 to 4 SPDT relays and are available in a variety of different frequency options for 50 Ω, from 12.4GHz to 65GHz - a 75Ω 2.4GHz version is also available.
- PXI Microwave Transfer Switch (model 40-782A) – this supports either one or two transfer switches with frequency options of 18GHz, 26.5GHz and 40GHz.
- All of these microwave switch modules include visual indicators of the relay setting through the use of blue LEDs that indicate when a normally open path has been closed. These indicators are provided as an aid to help the user with visual checking of routing during system debug phase of test system development.
- 4-slot USB/LXI Modular Chassis (model 60-105) – this chassis complements Pickering’s recently released 2-slot version in that they both offer a small, lightweight form/factor ideal for portable, benchtop and space restrictive applications. These chassis are designed for desk or rack mounting and feature remote control via USB or LXI Ethernet. Remote control over a network enables the switching function of a test system to be located as close as possible to the target equipment. This new 4-slot Chassis supports between one and four Pickering 3U PXI modules. Possible systems include switching matrices up to 2208 crosspoints or up to 72 channels of programmable resistor/sensor simulation.
- Both the 2-slot and this new 4-slot chassis are USB 3 compatible and have a fully compliant LXI interface. These communications standards enable the chassis to be controlled directly through standard interfaces found on most personal computers and tablets that support HTML5, allowing for a very practical route into a variety of applications in the modular test and measurement market.
All the PXI modules can be used in any PXI chassis and can be fitted to PXI hybrid slots in a PXIe chassis. They also can also be used in Pickering Interfaces’ LXI Modular chassis for users preferring control via an Ethernet port, including the new 2 and 4-slot USB/LXI Modular Chassis mentioned above.
- Pickering will also display their eBIRST Switching System Test Tools and Switch Path Manager Signal Routing Software. The eBIRST tools were designed specifically for Pickering’s PXI, PCI or LXI (Ethernet) products, they simplify switching system fault-finding by quickly testing the system and graphically identifying the faulty relay. Also highlighted in the booth will be their Switch Path Manager signal routing software that streamlines signal routing through switching systems and speeds up the development of switching system software.
Pickering Interfaces stands behind all of their manufactured products with a standard three-year warranty and guaranteed long-term product support. Pricing and availability information is supplied on their website at www.pickeringtest.com.