Alpha, a business unit of Alent plc and the global leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of innovative specialty materials used in a wide range of industry segments, including electronics assembly, power electronics, die attach, LED lighting, photovoltaics, semiconductor packaging, automotive and others is seeking a Global Applications Manager for their global headquarters located in South Plainfield, NJ.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to leverage the existing company-wide expertise in the use of solder preforms with new and existing customers, and act as the technical liaison between the existing knowledge base within Alpha and the emerging users of solder preforms. Potential applications include printed circuit board assembly and non-assembly applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with Research and Development (R&D) to monitor progress in preform development efforts and contribute to decision on suitability and timing for first customer engagements.
• Work with lead customers to develop practical guidelines for emerging preform applications as well as to support existing preform products.
• Work with customers and field support personnel globally to understand market needs and opportunities for product innovation with preforms.
• Assist in the development of training materials and deliver training to the global Customer Technical Service (CTS) team and sales team on preform applications in support of new product introductions
• Investigate technical requirements of solder preforms for target market applications and provide feedback to Global Product Manager (GPM) for product planning and product positioning.
• Understand automation equipment used in assembly market, including printing, pick and place and reflow, and x-ray.
• Establish relationships with equipment vendors and lead customers critical to the target markets.
• Support field trials directly and with CTS team for new solder preform technologies with strategic customers.
• Understand competitive technologies and provide input to GPM to facilitate product line strategies.
• Assist in the training of CTS personnel in support of new product launch.
• Travel globally as required to support division goals, including key customer trials to assess product performance.
• Build a professional network of key customers, professional organizations, equipment suppliers
• Work with equipment vendors to understand new and existing equipment capabilities
• Understand product offerings of preform competitors
• Must possess a four year degree in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical).
• Must have a minimum of six years of related experience in, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with soldering materials such as solder paste, wave solder alloys, solder wire and flux.
• Familiarity with standards applicable to the printed circuit board assembly market; PCB surface finishes; and alternative soldering equipment and techniques a plus.
• Must have the ability to travel up to 25% of time both domestically and internationally.
This position of considerable responsibility offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alpha.alent.com by clicking on the “About Us” tab and then “Employment”
Equal Opportunity Employer: /Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company