DownStream Technologies, LLC today announced BluePrint-PCB® Version 3, the latest release of its industry-leading solution for the creation of comprehensive PCB documentation. BluePrint-PCB Version 3.0 builds upon core BluePrint functionality to provide a superior set of tools to create complex PCB documentation more accurately and in a fraction of the time of traditional methods.
Included in Version 3.0 are many new features and performance improvements including enhancements to the Panel Drawing feature and Dimensioning and Assembly Reference Designator functions.
This release is a direct result of customer input, feedback and requests and further establishes BluePrint-PCB as the premier PCB documentation solution.
"Version 3.0 once again demonstrates our commitment to bringing customer-focused solutions to the marketplace," said Rick Almeida, one of the founders of DownStream. "We worked extensively with our user advisory committee and other selected customers to deliver real-world solutions they can use today to improve productivity and save money. This release is packed with many tactical features requested by customers since the previous version putting BluePrint-PCB far beyond any other documentation solution available in the marketplace today," he added.
BluePrint-PCB Version 3 Highlights:
Panel Drawing Enhancements
- Flip panel support
- Flipped images are supported in panel setup.
- Flipped image updates supports mapped layer display.
Auto Calculation User Interface Improvements
- Auto calculation settings for panel matrix can be maintained in spreadsheet mode for panel setup.
- Panel corner chamfering can now be defined in the panel setup.
Web Route Display Improvements
- Web route display merging now removes score line display for score lines that intersect web routes.
- Web route display also removes web route display for web routes that cross inside board outlines.
Align Mill Tabs
- Snapping to mill tabs is updated for mill tab placement, dimensioning to mill tabs and mill tab alignment.
- Performance updates were made for designs with complex board outlines.
Full Scaling Support
- Scaling support was added for Panel drawing setup.
Pinning Hole/Fiducial improvements
- Can specify for Panel, for PCB or both
Additional Documentation Enhancements:
Exploded View Modifications
- The exploded view pictorial display can now be placed onto a separate sheet from the source PCB view.
- The outline for an exploded view can now be defined as a closed polyline.
Reference Designator Cleanup for Overlapping Components
- When component outlines overlap, the associated reference designators are placed inside owning component outlines without reference designator overlap.
Display Order Control for Data Types
- New controls are available to specify display order for data types within a PCB View.
- Callout bases can now be aligned.
- Coordinate dimensioning text can now be aligned.
Search Window Updates
- Reference designators can be found that overlap component outlines or other reference designators.
- Tooling holes can be found that have been added, deleted, or modified on re-import of CAD data.
- Edges of the board outline can be found that have modified on re-import of CAD data.
- Dimensions that are not tied to a PCB view or shape can be found.
User Interface Customization can be Saved and Restored
- Customization to BluePrint-PCB menus and toolbars can now be saved to an external file and restored to new BluePrint-PCB installations.
Mentor Boardstation® Import Update
- The Mentor Boardstation ODB++ import interface is extended to support polarity markings are defined in the CAD database.
Merge BluePrint-PCB® Files
- Two BluePrint release packages can be merged into one release package.
- Over 50 customer defects and enhancements resolved
Availability and Pricing:
BluePrint-PCB Version 3.0 is available immediately and will be provided it at no additional charge to all existing customers with a valid maintenance agreement. Actual release content may vary based on customer configuration. For more information log onto downstreamtech.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a DownStream local Value Added Reseller (VAR).
DownStream Technologies, LLC (http://www.downstreamtech.com) is a software and services company focused on helping engineering organizations optimize and automate the PCB Release Process. Our tools redefine how engineering professionals post-process PCB designs to create and distribute all the deliverables required for a complete PCB assembly release package. CAM350® provides verification, optimization and output generation to efficiently drive PCB fabrication. BluePrint for Printed Circuit Boards® works with CAM350® (and other PCB CAD systems) to help users quickly produce comprehensive electronic drawings to drive PCB fabrication, assembly and inspection processes.