Lee Hitchens of SCH Technologies will hold a workshop which will demystify the science of conformal coating, coating material technologies, and available application methods. Participants will be encouraged to take control of their conformal coating process:
- Understanding which coating to use, how to apply it, and how much that costs
- Troubleshooting process problems and how to resolve them
- Specifying a new process, interaction on key customer projects
The workshop includes practical examples, demonstrations, defect guides and cost models for introducing a conformal coating line.
- Basic concepts — definitions, what coating does, why used, chemistry and technology
- How to select a coating — fit for purpose, standards and specifications
- Application of conformal coating — including robotic selective, dipping, and spraying — pros and cons of each technique
- Managing coating thickness — viscosity control and curing
- How poor cleanliness destroys PCB
For more information about the conference, visit http://www.ipc.org/calendar/2010/cleaning-coating-conference-1110/cleaning-coating1110-full-brochure.htm or http://www.smta.org/education/symposia/symposia.cfm#cleaning.