Mike Bixenman of Kyzen Corporation and Steve Stach of Austin American Corporation will hold a workshop on cleaning agent and cleaning equipment integration.
Cleaning challenges have increased with the growing complexity of electronic assemblies: miniaturization, alloys, board finishes, lower component gaps, and improved flux designs. The need to remove ionizable contaminants is critical to production yields and reliability.
The workshop will provide considerations for integrating the cleaning agent and equipment — for maximum performance and minimum variation in the manufacturing process.
- Understanding soil properties
- Matching the cleaning agent to the soil and process
- Materials compatibility issues
- Evaluating parameters — pressure, flow, temperature, through-put equipment
- Implementing process controls
- Successful system integration
For more information about the conference, visit http://www.ipc.org/calendar/2010/cleaning-coating-conference-1110/cleaning-coating1110-full-brochure.htm or http://www.smta.org/education/symposia/symposia.cfm#cleaning