WALTHAM � PerkinElmer, a global leader in life science research, drug discovery and cellular science, today announced the launch of its online radiochemical tool kit, a comprehensive suite of interactive, Web-based applications designed to provide researchers with hands-on access to information they need to support their critical lab requirements. The new online radiochemical tool kit helps customers perform key lab calculations, assists with lab equipment and reagent management, and provides new and more efficient methods for locating key product and technical information.
�We are committed to providing our customers in the scientific community with the tools they need to simplify and expedite their research,� said Richard M. Eglen, Ph.D., president, Bio-discovery, PerkinElmer. �PerkinElmer's NEN� radiochemicals remain the reagent standard based on their superior sensitivity, time-to-results and ease-of-use. Our new online radiochemical tool kit complements the ease-of-use of these products by offering customers round-the-clock, online access the information they need to support their critical laboratory requirements.�
The online radiochemical tool kit, located at http://www.perkinelmer.com/toolkit, provides a series of freely accessible interactive applications that enables researchers to complete a variety of tasks, such as: calculate radioactive decay of research compounds; manage reagents and consumables requirements; select a variety of potential products ranging from research reagents to cocktails and vials; find relative reference data; order products; and, request technical support.
The PerkinElmer Online Radiochemical Tool Kit currently includes:
- Universal Radioactive Decay Calculator � Helps optimize experiments by ensuring that the researcher is adding an optimal amount of radiochemical; helps scientists to determine the actual Specific Activity and Concentration of any brand of radiochemicals at any given time.
- Discussion Forum - Provides a place to ask questions and receive answers, while sharing experience and know-how with peers. Users can scan Forum topics anonymously or register to post comments. The forum is dynamic as scientists are continuously adding new topics.
- Liquid Scintillation Counting (LSC) Cocktails and Vial Selector - Suggests the best choice of PerkinElmer cocktails and vials for complex liquid scintillation counting applications.
- Online Certificates of Analysis (COA) � Describes detailed technical data such as stability and storage. Recommends preparative procedures, safe handling information and more. The COA documents are online for convenience and to reduce paper usage.
- Reagents Cross Reference (RXR) Tool - Helps customers determine the PerkinElmer equivalent to other reagents currently available on the market; ensures accuracy and easy substitution from one radiochemical to a PerkinElmer-equivalent product.
- Online Fresh Lot Schedules - Allows researchers using radiochemicals to enter a requested shipment date and calculate the next available fresh lot date, making it easier to plan experiments over time.
PerkinElmer's Bio-discovery business is part of the PerkinElmer Life & Analytical Sciences division and provides the most comprehensive offering of enabling technologies and services including biochemistry, detection systems, cell imaging, and liquid handling to accelerate life sciences research, from drug discovery to academic research. PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global technology leader driving growth and innovation in Health Sciences and Photonics markets to improve the quality of life. The Company reported revenues of $1.8 billion in 2007, has approximately 9,100 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through http://www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.