Going beyond anecdotes and examples of counterfeit parts, this symposium focuses on the solutions available and under development by all sectors of the industry.
Topics will include:
- Methodologies of affected industries mitigating chances of victimization
- Efforts and initiatives that will affect the future of combating counterfeit parts
- Supply chain management tools to mitigate counterfeit part risks Cleaning Requirements
- Tools being developed/used by part manufacturers for short and long term solutions
- Inspection tools and techniques for detecting counterfeit parts
- Impact of counterfeit parts on the military and avionics industry
- Sources of counterfeit parts
- Authentication techniques for securing electronic part supply chain
Please provide an abstract (within 300 words) on any relevant topics to Dr. Diganta Das via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2008. Watch for additional symposium information at http://www.calce.umd.edu and at http://www.smta.org.
For more information about conference participation or registration, contact Melissa Serres Marx at SMTA, Melissa@smta.org, 952-920-7682.
The SMTA membership is an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations.