The hallmark of the U2700A family is its standalone/modular operation. Each device can be used as a standalone instrument, or mounted in a compatible chassis with other modules. In modular operations, the chassis enables synchronization of all slotted modules through master/slave triggering capabilities, even across modules with different functions (excluding the switch matrix). Because modules can be easily added for future system expansion, start-up costs are low.
"In today's challenging industrial and education markets, affordable value-added instruments provide a meaningful cost advantage," said Ee Huei-Sin, vice president of Agilent's Basic Instruments Division. "Our family of USB-based modular instruments offers the flexibility to arrange and rearrange configurations to fit changing measurement needs -- easily, quickly and affordably."
The bundled Agilent Modular Instruments Measurement Manager software provides user-friendly out-of-box configuration with its graphical interface and easily accessible functions, providing measurements without programming. Bundled IVI drivers allow users to program with Agilent VEE, C#, C++ and Microsoft(r) Visual Basic, LabVIEW, if they wish.
The Agilent U2700A Series includes five instruments:
- The 100-MHz U2701A and 200-MHz U2702A USB modular oscilloscopes, with sampling rates up to 1 GSa/s, enhance troubleshooting tasks such as circuit-board power-up sequence, in-rush current and frequency measurements.
- The U2761A 20 MHz USB modular function generator, which produces sine, square, triangular, pulse, ramp, exponential, modulated and arbitrary waveforms for electronic functional testing and electronic troubleshooting.
- The three-channel U2722A USB modular source/measure unit, which offers four-quadrant source and measurement capabilities for parametric tests including test point measurement, current and voltage source/measure, and resistance measurement.
- The U2751A USB modular switch matrix, a four-by-eight, two-wire design with 32 channels that provide additional test points for functional tests. Key specifications include crosstalk of less than -30 dB at 45 MHz and insertion loss of just 4.5 dB (with U2922A terminal block).
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The Agilent U2700A USB modular instruments are available now in Europe and Asia Pacific; in Japan on July 1, 2008; and in the Americas on August 1, 2008. Pricing is as follows:
- U2701A USB modular oscilloscope: $1,329
- U2702A USB modular oscilloscope: $1,638
- U2761A USB modular function generator: $1,650
- U2722A USB modular source measure unit: $2,165
- U2751A USB switch matrix: $936
More information about Agilent USB modular instruments is available at http://www.agilent.com/find/usbmodular.
High-resolution images are available at http://www.agilent.com/find/usbmodular_images.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at http://www.agilent.com.