After the success of the Amkor� double stack PoP, the company added a package (PoP) 12x12 mm, 0.65 mm to pitch stacked daisy chain in order to make a three-package stacking.
The Practical Dummy Component version is identical to the live package without the expensive die inside. They are made of the same materials on the same manufacturing lines and have the same size, thermal and soldering properties as the live equivalent.
PoP packages provide OEMs and EMS providers with a platform to cost effectively expand options for logic and memory 3-D integration with the following benefits:
- Greatly expands device options by simplifying the business logistics of stacking
- Integration controlled at the system level to best match stacked combinations with system requirements
- JEDEC standards ensure broad component availability
- Eliminates margin stacking and expands technology reuse
- Helps manage the significant cost impacts associated with increasing demand for multi-media processing and memory
- Logic device transitions to flip chip in the bottom package enables further PoP size and height reductions
Practical Components� is the exclusive supplier of Amkor Technology Dummy Components. Amkor offers the industry�s broadest array of package formats and sizes, from traditional, �off-the-shelf� leadframe configurations to leading-edge chip scale, flip chip and system-in-package solutions incorporating highly customized designs. This allows Amkor to be a single source for many of Practical Components� customers� total IC packaging requirements.
Practical Components is the world�s leading supplier of dummy components (mechanical samples), test boards and training kits.
About Practical Components
Practical Components is the worlds leading supplier of dummy components, which are exact mechanical equivalents of live components, used when only the physical properties of the components are required. These components can cost as much as 80% less than live components making the ideal for testing of solder processes, machine setup and other process evaluations. The new publication provides a detailed offering of Practical Components' full line of dummy components, test boards, training kits, production tools and training materials.