SMT, PCB Electronics Industry News
  • SMTnet
  • »
  • Industry News
  • »
  • Smart Sonic to Unveil 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaners at APEX 2008

Smart Sonic to Unveil 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaners at APEX 2008

Mar 25, 2008

Smart Sonic will unveil the EnviroGuard 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaner at APEX 2008. EnviroGuard is the first and only aqueous stencil cleaner able to clean all types of solder paste with a 100% closed-loop process � wash and rinse! Smart Sonic matched the unique properties of its 440-R� SMT Detergent to a specifically designed filtration/UV system that facilitates 100% closed-looping and zero VOCs of both the wash and rinse solutions. Normal operation requires the filters to be changed only twice annually at a cost of approximately $200 per maintenance cycle. The liquid hazardous waste never exits the system! 99% of the waste solder paste from stencils and misprinted PCBs is captured for easy recycling. The remaining 1% is removed by the EnviroGuard filtration system for a completely contained and environmentally benign cleaning process! Users simply return the spent filters to Smart Sonic for regeneration and reuse.

Like a wastewater evaporator, the EnviroGuard filtration system is �zero discharge� but at a fraction of the cost, no venting requirements, much easier maintenance and all water is reused rather than released to atmosphere as vapor. The EnviroGuard 100% Closed-loop Filtration system is also retrofit able to all existing Smart Sonic Stencil Cleaners and will eliminate the need of a wastewater evaporator.

Prior to EnviroGuard, aqueous stencil cleaner systems, claiming to be closed-loop, could only clean water washable solder pastes or only recycle the rinse water. The chemical additives necessary to clean no-clean, RMA and other non water washable solder pastes required periodic changing due to chemical exhaustion or premature filter loading. This resulted in large amounts of liquid hazardous waste disposal. The EnviroGuard 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaner eliminates liquid hazardous waste disposal while significantly reducing cleaning chemical consumption.

In 1990, Smart Sonic introduced the original ultrasonic stencil cleaner and the first stencil cleaner to be verified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for specific parameters of environmental safety, user safety and cleaning efficiency. Continuing its mission to provide the best stencil-cleaning process with zero environmental impact, Smart Sonic will unveil and demo the EnviroGuard line of stencil cleaners at Apex 2008, Booth #1664. http://www.SmartSonic.com

Aug 11, 2010 -

Smart Sonic Unveils New Education-Oriented Website

Jul 22, 2010 -

Smart Sonic Celebrates 20 Years of Leadership in the Stencil Cleaning Technology

Sep 24, 2009 -

Smart Sonic to demonstrate 440-R® SMT Detergent Stencil Cleaner at SMTAI

Jul 22, 2008 -

New Low-cost Ultrasonic Stencil Cleaners

Mar 27, 2008 -

Smart Sonic unveils EnviroGuard 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaner at APEX 2008

Feb 28, 2008 -

EnviroGuard� 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaner

Nov 06, 2007 -

Closed-loop Stencil Cleaner

Oct 01, 2007 -

Smart Sonic appoints Quiptech as its representative in Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania

Mar 26, 2007 -

Smart Sonic Offers New IPC Stencil and Misprinted Board Cleaning Handbook

Feb 14, 2007 -

Manual Stencil-cleaning is Now Safe and Effective!

16 more news from Smart Sonic Stencil Cleaning Systems »

Jun 18, 2018 -

About the creation of communication standards to enable machine to machine cooperation in SMT lines by ELS

Jun 18, 2018 -

Online SMT Auction July 5th – July 11th, 2018

Jun 17, 2018 -

SMT Nuremberg Pays Off for Europlacer & Speedprint.

Jun 17, 2018 -

Libra Industries’ Christopher R. Howell Memorial Foundation Awards $22,500 in Scholarships during Annual Golf Outing

Jun 17, 2018 -

New Low-Temperature Solder Paste from SHENMAO

Jun 17, 2018 -

Jeremy Zhou Appointed to China Regional Sales Manager for VJ Electronix, Inc.

Jun 17, 2018 -

IPC’s PCB Technology Trends Study Underway, OEM Survey Open Until July 6

Jun 17, 2018 -

Join Scienscope this Week at the SMTA Upper Midwest Expo

Jun 17, 2018 -

IPC Hand Soldering Regional Qualification Competition Winner Crowned at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018

Jun 17, 2018 -

DDM Novastar Welcomes New Director of Engineering

See electronics manufacturing industry news »

Smart Sonic to Unveil 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaners at APEX 2008 news release has been viewed 5 times

  • SMTnet
  • »
  • Industry News
  • »
  • Smart Sonic to Unveil 100% Closed-loop Stencil Cleaners at APEX 2008
Conformal Coating Machine under 40000

X-Ray Inspection Systems Scienscope