"RFIC designers face increasing chip complexity, and they need ways to simulate as much of the chip as possible to mitigate risks that can lead to design re-spins and missed opportunities," said Niranjan Kanaglekar, RFIC R&D manager with Agilent's EEsof EDA division. "With our acquisition of the GoldenGate simulator last year, we're able to combine and integrate all of our simulation technologies for the most extensive RFIC simulation and verification solution available today."
The GoldenGate simulator is fully integrated into the Cadence Analog Design Environment. Its unique algorithms are optimized for the challenging demands of large and complex RFIC design, and enable full characterization of complete transceivers prior to tape-out. It ensures device manufacturability and reduces design spins, using frequency-domain-based capabilities to perform analyses such as Monte Carlo simulations, which are faster by orders of magnitude than traditional, transient-based techniques.
GoldenGate Plus is a family of products with multiple configurations that can be tailored to fit the designers' needs. In addition to the GoldenGate simulator, the product family includes:
- RF Design Environment (RFDE), an RFIC design platform that is based on Agilent's Advanced Design System and accessed from within the Cadence design environment;
- Advanced Design System RF and microwave-circuit and system-design software, providing design solutions for board-level and system-in-package-level RF design;
- Momentum, a 3-D planar EM simulator used for passive circuit analysis;
- Ptolemy, a system-level simulation and design solution based on a hybrid of synchronous and timed synchronous dataflow technologies; and
- Wireless Test Benches with several pre-configured system level source and measurement setups for compliance with today's complex wireless communication standards.
For more information about GoldenGate Plus, visit http://www.agilent.com/find/eesof-goldengate-plus.
To request a demo of GoldenGate Plus, visit http://www.agilent.com/find/eesof-goldengate-demo-pr.
A high-resolution screen image of Agilent's GoldenGate software is available at http://www.agilent.com/find/eesof-GoldenGate_images.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
Agilent's GoldenGate Plus is available now in four configurations, with prices starting at approximately $42,000.
About Agilent EEsof EDA Software
Agilent EEsof EDA is an industry leading provider of RF-mixed signal circuit and system design software. The software is compatible with and is used to design the company's test and measurement equipment. Additional information about all of Agilent's EDA software is available at http://www.agilent.com/find/eesof.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at http://www.agilent.com.