"World-class analytical measurement systems are required to ensure that our food and water supplies are contaminant-free, and that the promise of cost-effective, high quality biofuels can be realized," said Dr. Richard Begley, President, PerkinElmer Analytical Sciences. "PerkinElmer's new EcoAnalytix initiative is designed to help laboratories meet these goals by combining high-performance instrumentation with an unprecedented level of technical, application, and regulatory support."
In addition to comprehensive product solutions, each EcoAnalytix platform will include the applications, methodologies, standard operating procedures and training required to complete specific analyses in food safety, water quality and biofuels development. To help laboratories stay at the leading edge of new developments and regulatory requirements in these critical areas, the Company also plans to initiate innovative thought leadership and public outreach programs that will bring insights from top scientists and government agencies directly to its customers.
EcoAnalytix food safety platforms are designed to assure food quality while ensuring regulatory compliance. Specific applications include the analysis of foods and food stuffs for melamine, pesticide, organic, chemical and metal contaminants.
PerkinElmer's latest food safety analyzers include:
- The new Melamine Analyzer, based on the Clarus(R) 600 T Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer, for the analysis of melamine, associated with recently reported contamination in food.
- The new Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) Analyzer which is based on the Series 200 UV/VIS/Fluorescent HPLC for analysis of PAH, a family of organic pollutants widely distributed in the environment that can be carcinogenic.
EcoAnalytix water quality platforms will provide specific analyzers and methodologies to detect trace metal, organic, pesticide, chemical and radioactive contaminants in water.
- The newest EcoAnalytix water quality analyzer is the Trace Metal Analyzer based on the ELAN(R) 9000 ICP-MS and ESI SC-FAST Sample Introduction System for drinking water method 200.8 and other environmental analyses with specific water analysis methods built into the platform.
EcoAnalytix biofuels development platforms will provide laboratories with assurance that their final product is of the highest quality and will meet both ASTM and European standards. The Company's EcoAnalytix solutions for biodiesel testing, include:
- Biodiesel Gas Chromatography (GC) Turnkey Systems for the verification of free and total glycerin in pure biodiesel (B100) to meet ASTM standard D6584 and European CEN Method EN14105 standard, as well as biodiesel content of B2 through B20 mixes.
- LABWORKS(TM) Green, a pre-configured lab management and reporting application for biofuels that manages work, captures lab data, and generates Certificates of Analysis for the plant. It offers pre-loaded ASTM specifications, low entry price, zero maintenance and is expandable for growing labs.
To further support its EcoAnalytix initiative, PerkinElmer also announced the establishment of four global application development centers in Shelton, Connecticut; Seer Green, England; Shanghai, China; and Mumbai, India. Each location will serve as a Center of Excellence, focusing on the development of new applications and methods for specific EcoAnalytix platforms.
For more information on the PerkinElmer EcoAnalytix initiative, visit http://www.perkinelmer.com/ecoanalytix.