What test engineers worry about these days: the access to nodes of assemblies with ever increasing complexity is more and more difficult and results in reduced fault coverage.
JTAG Technologies’ motto for Apex 2016 year reads: Optimise your ATE with JTAG Technologies Inside —clients can have a look at the possibilities that arise from the use of “JTAG TECHNOLOGIES INSIDE” and see the current test methods and possibilities from a different perspective. In their booth at Apex 2016 we will display the following highlights from our comprehensive ATE product portfolio:
- ICT, MDA or flying probe systems are quickly and easily upgraded with JTAG Technologies’ boundary-scan solutions. Special add-on cards and software integration suites enable users to benefit from the features of the combined systems.
- Traditional functional tests based on National Instruments’ LabView/TestStand, C++, .net and other programming languages often feature complex and time-consuming test programs. Easy access to clients’ assembly via boundary-scan pins can simplify their existing test programs and ease diagnosis in case of faults.
Peter van den Eijnden, managing director of JTAG Technologies commented this year’s focus for the show: “Since many years we are cooperating with renowned ATE suppliers to make sure that our customers will continue to enjoy optimal use of their existing ICT/MDA/FPT/FCT systems throughout the coming years. In joint efforts with various test system manufacturers we developed special hardware and software solutions. These special solutions enable perfect integration of our tools into these test systems, so users benefit from advantages of the combination of both methods”.
Also on stage in Vegas - The Versatile JT5705 Series
JTAG Technologies is also showcasing the latest in its highly regarded range of boundary-scan controller hardware for PCB assembly and system testing– the versatile JT 5705 series. This completely innovative design concept incorporates both JTAG/boundary-scan controller functions and mixed-signal I/O channels. Extensive input protection is provided to ensure high levels of in-service reliability and low maintenance. Connection to the tester is via a USB interface. Peter van den Eijnden, MD is convinced of the acclaimed package: “We have been asked to provide analog stimulus and measurements alongside more traditional digital I/O systems. The new JT 5705s provides all this and more in a really convenient and low-cost package”.
- The first in the series - JT 5705/USB - is supplied as desk-top instrument, primarily aimed at hardware validation applications in design, small-scale production test and in some cases field service and repair. The JT 5705/USB features two 15 MHz TAPs and 64 I/O’s available through 0.1” IDC connectors. 56 of the I/O channels are always digital, 16 of which also feature a frequency function. The remaining 8 channels can be used as either digital I/O or analog I/O. The unit also contains a user programmable FPGA facilitating application specific digital I/O options.
- JT 5705/USB Features to be highlighted:
High-performance JTAG TAP controller
Analog and digital I/O channels included
Link multiple units for higher channel count
User configurable features via embedded FPGA
Attractive, compact desktop enclosure
- The second model in this new range is the larger JT 5705/RMI, a 1U high 19” rack-mountable instrument for use in systems or as a bench-top tester. This unit features four 15 MHz TAPs and 4 groups of 64 mixed-signal I/O channels providing a total of 256 I/O’s available through 0.1” IDC connectors. As before, within each 64 channels group, 56 channels are permanently digital with 16 available as frequency inputs. The other 8 channels of each group can be individually programmed as digital I/O or analog I/O channel.
JTAG Technologies is a market leader and technology innovator of boundary-scan software and hardware products and services. The company was the first to bring to the market such important advances as automated test generation, automated fault coverage analysis, automated flash and PLD programming via boundary-scan, and visualized boundary-scan analysis. Its customers include world leaders in electronics design and manufacturing such as Ericsson, Flextronics, Honeywell, Medtronic, Motorola, Nokia, Philips, Raytheon, Rockwell-Collins, Samsung, and Sony. Its innovative boundary-scan products provide test preparation, test execution, test result analysis and in-system programming applications. With an installed base of over 8500 systems worldwide, JTAG Technologies serves the communications, medical electronics, avionics, defence, automotive, and consumer industries with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. JTAG Technologies headquarters are located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. For more information please visit www.jtag.com
JTAG Technologies and JTAG Live are on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube. Follow us to keep up to date of all the latest news!