Mycronic Acquires RoyoTech and Kognitec

Feb 11, 2016

Mycronic AB (publ), has acquired 75 percent of RoyoTech Digitalelektronik GmbH and has an option to acquire the remaining 25 percent. At the same time Mycronic acquires 100 percent of Kognitec Vertrieb and Service GmbH. Both companies are based in Höhenkirchen, Germany.

RoyoTech develops and manufactures the SMD Tower - an intelligent storage solution of electronic components. Kognitec is distributing the SMD Tower in parallel with Mycronic to the SMT market globally.

Mycronic has marketed the SMD Tower worldwide since 2008 and is RoyoTech’s main distributor and largest customer. The storage concept was originally developed in close collaboration with German customers in 2004. Today there are approximately 1,000 SMD Towers installed at customer sites globally. The acquisition secures the rights to a strategic product already part of Mycronic’s SMT portfolio.  

RoyoTech is a private company founded in 1991, based in Höhenkirchen in Germany, and has ten employees. The founder and owner Peer Mietusch will retain 25 percent of the shares in the company and will remain CEO. RoyoTech had a turnover of EUR 3.3 million in 2014, of which the major part stems from Mycronic. Kognitec is a private company founded by Peer Mietusch in 2013 with revenue of EUR 0.650 million in 2014.

The companies will be consolidated into the Mycronic Group as of 1 January, 2016.

We are happy to have concluded these acquisitions. They represent a natural next step to deepen the collaboration with RoyoTech as we see an increasing demand for the SMD Tower from our core customers as well as from large manufacturers using assembly equipment from other suppliers”, says Robert Gothner, Senior VP and General Manager, Business Area SMT, Mycronic AB.

The SMD Tower is already well integrated into Mycronic’s intelligent material handling solution and a vital building block in the agile manufacturing solution Mycronic 4.0, that masters the complexity of modern electronics production.


Mycronic AB is a Swedish high-tech company engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing of production solutions to the electronics industry. The products consist of mask writers for the production of photomasks and advanced surface mount technology (SMT) equipment. The mask writers are used by the world’s leading electronics companies in the manufacture of displays used in PC tablets, smart phones, TVs and computers as well as in the manufacture of semiconductors and in electronic packaging. The SMT equipment is used for stencil free jetting of solder paste and for mounting of electronic components on PCBs. The SMT equipment is used, among others, by large and small manufacturers of electronics in aerospace, automotive, aviation, medical, IT and telecom. A comprehensive aftermarket offering ensure Mycronic customers an effective electronics manufacturing. Mycronic headquarters are located in Täby, north of Stockholm and the Group has subsidiaries in China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and the United States. For more information see our web site www.mycronic.com.

You must be a registered user to talk back to us.

More News from Mycronic Technologies AB

Aug 01, 2016 -

Mycronic acquires Shenzhen Axxon Automation Co.,Ltd

Jul 01, 2016 -

Mycronic receives order for an advanced Prexision-80 mask writer

Jun 21, 2016 -

Mycronic AB wins European Business Awards 2015/16 in the category Import/Export

Apr 06, 2016 -

Mycronic Launches Mask Writer For top Critical Display Photomasks

Mar 30, 2016 -

Mycronic Receives One More Order for a Replacement Mask Writer

Mar 07, 2016 -

Mycronic Introduces Industry's Fastest Jet Dispensing Platform at IPC APEX 2016

Mar 07, 2016 -

Mycronic 4.0 delivers new leaps in productivity at IPC APEX

Feb 11, 2016 -

Mycronic Acquires RoyoTech and Kognitec

Jan 11, 2016 -

Mycronic receives the first order for a Prexision-MMS system

Dec 22, 2015 -

Mycronic receives order for a Prexision-80 mask writer

(52) more news from Mycronic Technologies AB

Mycronic Acquires RoyoTech and Kognitec news release has been viewed 294 times

ii-feed SMD Intelligent Feeder

PCB Routers