Colorless Hydrogenated Rosin Derivatives
Foreverest™ CHRD400 is all most highly hydrogenated, a derivative of colorless hydrogenated rosin. Hydrogenation reduces oxygen uptake in the resin and greatly improves its color. They do not only have good adhesion and wide compatibility rosin resins possess, but also have the clarity and stability comparable to hydrogenated hydrocarbon resins.
Hydrogenation Degree and Color Stability
The hydrogenation degree can be determined by the content of Tetrahydro-resin acid/ester (THRA) and Dihydro-resin acid/ester (DHRA). CHRD show high level of hydrogenation (see Table1), which represents the latest hydrogenation technology in China, with an eltra-light color and excellent color stability.(see Table1)
Advantages Over Other Resins
Foreverest™ CHRD400 provide an optimum combination of adhesion, clarity and stability, all important attributes for formulating high-end adhesives.
- Lighter color;
- Little or no skin sensitizing;
- Improved stability and color retention;
- Better aging resistance;
- Less UV absorption, suitable for UV curable polymer based adhesives;
Advantages over hydrogenated hydrocarbon resins
- Low-or-no VOC;
- Adhere well to low-energy surfaces;
- Bio-based, environmentally Friendly;
- More polar and narrower in molecular weight, wider compatibility with almost all polymers, especially suitable for acrylic polymers;
Foreverest™ CHRD400 can be used in soldering fluxes. It's an excellent alternatives to Arakawa chemical's PINECRYSTAL and Eastman's Foral series (see Table2).