Sono-Tek Corporation (OTC BB: SOTK) will highlight the newest improvement to the SonoFlux ultrasonic spray fluxer design, the QR Impact Jet in Booth #3521 at the IPC APEX EXPO, scheduled to take place Feb. 24-26, 2015 at the San Diego Convention Center in California. The Impact atomizing assembly is used in both the Sono-Flux Servo and Sono-Flux EZ system and incorporates an air deflector that drives the flux droplets to the PCB for maximum top side fill and unsurpassed through-hole penetration. The new QR Impact Jet further improves the Impact design with:
- Improved Lower Maintenance of QR Impact - QR Ryton construction material is non-stick to reduce flux residue buildup. Compared to the stainless steel/titanium Impact Jet, the QR Jet provides approximately double the time between maintenance on the Jet surface.
- Improved Corrosion Resistance - The QR Impact Jet is made of Ryton, a material with improved chemical corrosion resistance in comparison to stainless steel or titanium, and is high temp heat resistant as well. Ryton will withstand corrosion from ALL wave solder fluxes.
- Improved Easy Clean Quick Release - The QR design allows the Impact Jet to be easily removed for cleaning with a simple turn of the hand. The stainless steel Impact Jet, in comparison, requires unscrewing the jet, which is time consuming.
- Improved Accuracy of Spray Pattern - Repeatability of the QR Jet spray pattern is +/-1 degree, compared to +/-8 degrees with the stainless steel/titanium Jet.
- Improved Fixed Position of QR Impact - The QR design has a fixed, one position, turn-in location, ensuring the jet is always 90 degrees to the PCB. The stainless steel jet must be visually positioned at degrees to the PCB, making it more likely to misalign. The QR fixed position design also prevents overtightening of the jet.
As the world leader in ultrasonic spray fluxing systems, Sono-Tek continues to provide innovative solutions for wave solder manufacturing, with continued world-class service and support of all of its ultrasonic spray fluxing equipment.
Celebrating 40 years of innovation... 1975-2015.
Sono-Tek ultrasonic spray fluxers are designed for easy retrofit into all major wave solder machines. Visit Sono-Tek’s website at www.sprayfluxing.com to learn more or email email@example.com.
Sono-Tek is the world leader in the development and application of liquid ultrasonic atomization technology into nozzle systems and spraying and coating application systems. Compared to conventional pressure spraying methods, the company’s ultrasonic nozzles do not clog, reduce liquid usage, waste, and environmental impact while achieving much more precise, uniform, thin film coatings. Sono-Tek is continually developing new applications for its unique technology, replacing wasteful practices in a world that is growing ever more environmentally sensitive. For more information, visit the company at www.sono-tek.com.