Industry-leading associations IPC and SMTA jointly announce the High-Reliability Cleaning and Conformal Coating Conference, scheduled to take place November 18-20, 2014 at the Chicago Marriott in Schaumburg, Illinois. The conference intensely focuses on best practices and new innovative technologies for meeting today’s manufacturing challenges and producing reliable hardware.
The first day of the conference features a Cleaning and Conformal Coating Tutorial. The morning will be dedicated to cleaning. The Cleaning tutorial will be taught by experts in cleaning materials, control technology and cleaning machine technology. The afternoon will be dedicated to Conformal Coating. The Conformal Coating tutorial will be taught by experts in coating requirements and standards, workmanship, coating equipment and process control.
The second and third days will feature the Technical Conference. Sessions will be dedicated to the following topics:
- Reliability effects from residues remaining under component terminations
- Research and methods for mitigating field failures
- Ultra-Thin coatings designed to protect circuit assemblies in harsh environments
- Process enhancements and controlling the cleaning process
- Design rules for placing and cleaning under bottom terminations
- Evaluation of Conformal Coatings
- Material Compatibility guidelines, auditing suppliers and process optimization
- Conformal coating process control
Come learn about these valuable lessons and more at the IPC/SMTA Cleaning and Conformal Coating Conference.
The link http://www.ipc.org/calendar/2014/cleaning-coating-Nov2014/agenda.htm provides a detail agenda outline.