Pickering Interfaces will be showcasing their latest LXI and PXI switching solutions at AUTOTEST 2014 (formerly AUTOTESTCON), September 16-18, in St. Louis, MO. These new products include LXI Switching, PXI Switching and Microwave Multiplexers.
- For their PXI range, Pickering will feature new and updated products, including:
- An addition to their PXI medium-density switch matrix range — a new 32x4 signal insertion and monitor matrix with switched loop-thru for simplified connection of digital I/O.
- Update to the PXI microwave multiplexers to include an SP6T version that will feature LED’s that indicate which path of the multiplexer is closed.
- Update to the high-density PXI large matrix (BRIC) range to include a 20% increase in density.
- For the LXI range, Pickering will feature the new:
- LXI high-density matrix with scalable construction – matrix size from 384x4 to 1024x4 and up to 4096 crosspoints in 1U.
Also in Pickering’s booth you will find a demonstration of the partnership between Pickering and OPAL-RT TECHNOLOGIES, one of Pickering’s trusted hardware partners. They will provide a demo of how the two companies are partnering to improve the flexibility and lower the cost of Fault Insertion Testing for Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) applications, and how fault insertion can be applied to test an automotive ECU.
Additional switching products being shown in the booth include: PXI power relay modules, RF multiplexers, precision resistor modules and BRIC large multiplexers. Below are some of the products that will be showcased:
PXI High Power Relay Modules – These modules are suited for high power applications that exhibit currents ranging from 5 Amps to 40 Amps. Lower current versions require one 3U PXI slot; the highest current versions occupy two slots. These power relay modules are intended for switching heavy AC or DC loads or for controlling large external relays, contactors and solenoids.
- PXI RF Solid State 6 GHz Multiplexers (40-883) – these comprise an SP8T (8:1) MUX occupying two PXI slots and an SP16T (16:1) MUX occupying three PXI slots. Each version uses solid-state switches that ensure fast switch operation time of 50µs, very repeatable performance, and an indefinite service life when used within ratings.
- PXI Microwave Multiplexer (40-784A) – support single, dual, or triple SP4T or SP6T relays and are available in a variety of different frequency options for 50 Ω, from 6GHz to 40GHz. All models occupy just two 3U PXI slots and feature LED’s that indicate which path of the multiplexer is closed.
- PXI High-Density Precision Resistor Modules (40-297) – these modules are part of our expanding range of programmable resistor solutions. They provide a simple solution for applications requiring accurate simulation of resistive sensors. Available in a variety of resistance ranges and resolution capabilities that meet the needs of most functional test systems.
- PXI BRIC Family of Large Matrix Modules and Multiplexers –the use of high-density packaging and integrated backplanes enables these large matrices to be implemented with no user configuration or special matrix expansion cabling. These matrices use thru-hole relays and can be serviced using standard de-soldering tools, simplifying repair and reducing down time. Our BRIC's integrated design ensures high matrix performance with high signal bandwidth and fewer system implementation errors. All the PXI modules can be used in any PXI chassis, can be fitted to PXI hybrid slots in a PXIe chassis and can also be used in Pickering’s LXI Modular chassis for users preferring control via an Ethernet port.
- LXI Modular Chassis – these chassis provide an easy way of supporting Pickering’s 3U PXI modules in an Ethernet-based LXI control environment. All of their PXI switching products are supported along with simulators such as resistor modules and battery emulators; the majority of their PXI instruments and power supply products are also supported.
Pickering Interfaces stands behind all of their manufactured products with a standard three-year warranty and guaranteed long-term product support. Pricing and availability information is supplied on their web site at www.pickeringtest.com.
Pickering Interfaces designs and manufactures modular signal switching and instrumentation for use in electronic test and simulation. We offer the largest range of switching cards in the industry for PXI, LXI, PCI and GPIB applications as well as a full range of supporting cables and connectors. Pickering Interfaces’ products are specified in test systems installed throughout the world and have a reputation for providing excellent reliability and value. Pickering Interfaces operates globally with direct operations in the US, UK, Germany, Sweden, France, Czech Republic, and engineering support in China, together with additional representation in countries throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. We currently serve the automotive, aerospace & defense, power generation, energy and commercial electronics industries. For more information on signal switching and conditioning products or sales contacts please visit www.pickeringtest.com.