SMT International, LLC, the manufacturer of world-renowned AMTECH solder products, has just introduced AMTECH VS-213 (a.k.a. the VOIDSTOPPER), a no-clean, lead-free solder paste formula that is 100% halogen-free based on all testing methods, including Oxygen Bomb Combustion and Ion Chromatography.
VS-213 solder paste is extremely environmentally-friendly and fully compliant with the ROHS directive 2011/65/EU. This unique solder paste formula was designed specifically to help prevent voiding problems when soldering LGA, BGA, CSP and QFN packages. VS-213 offers excellent wetting, long stencil-life, and 16-hour abandonment time, resulting in unparalleled lot-to-lot stencil printing consistency and superior print performance characteristics, including:
- Full pad and component wetting and ideal surface tension
- Reduced aperture clogging (allows a great number of prints before the stencil requires cleaning)
- Minimal residue that is non-conductive and non-corrosive
- Thermal stability at temperatures up to 300oC
- Stable viscosity under most processing conditions
- Low beading and anti-tombstoning
- Wide process windows with long stencil life
- Initial tack value of 30g force
- Complies with RoHS directive 2011/65/EU for lead-free
- Meets highest IPC 7095 voiding performance classification of
- Class 111
- ROL0 flux classification
- Compatible with ICT and AOI
Use of VS-213 solder paste delivers higher yields and processing speeds due to its superior wetting, long shelf life, ideal viscosity, grain size, and particle sphericity even at higher melting temperatures. VS-213 solder paste is also low beading and low voiding to reduce scrap and rework. This innovative solder paste leaves a post reflow residue that is non-conductive, non-corrosive, and serves as a protective coating that can easily be removed with Kyzen® solvent cleaners.
According to Leigh Gesick, President of SMT International, LLC, “our customers told us that they were experiencing voiding problems when soldering LGA, BGA, CSP and QFN packages. AMTECH listened by developing VS-213 solder paste, a 100% halogen-free, lead-free, no-clean formula that delivers uncompromising printing performance with minimum voiding.”
SMT International, LLC manufactures AMTECH solder paste, wave and tacky fluxes, spheres, core wire, bar solder, and process support products and offers consulting services to the circuits assembly market.
SMT International, LLC is located at 500 Main Street, Suite 18, P.O. Box 989, Deep River, CT 06417 (800) 435-0317 (860) 526-8300 www.amtechsolder.com