Ucamco is proud to present version I4 of the Gerber File Format Specification.
The Gerber file format is the bare board industry's CAD-to-CAM data transfer standard. Ucamco, its long-standing custodian and developer, has updated the file specification. By investing considerable time, money and effort in the ongoing improvement of the Gerber Format, Ucamco continues to provide the PCB industry with one of its most crucial tools, free of charge.
- The parameters LN and IN are as of now deprecated
- The regions overview section was expanded and examples are added
- The chapters on function codes and syntax are restructured
- The constraints on the thermal primitive parameters are made more explicit
- Wording is improved in several places
- A few typo's and small errors are corrected
Questions, remarks or suggestions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments from the community make the specification better.
To download the Gerber File Format Specification visit our download page at www.ucamco.com
Ucamco (formerly Barco ETS) is a market leader in PCB CAM software, laser photoplotting and direct imaging systems, with a global network of sales and support centers. Headquartered in Ghent, Belgium, Ucamco has over 25 years of ongoing experience in developing and supporting leading-edge photoplotters and front-end tooling solutions for the global PCB industry. Key to this success is the company's uncompromising pursuit of engineering excellence in all its products.