The SMTA proudly announces 33 engineers have received SMTA Certification for SMT Processes since May 2012. The SMTA Certification program is unique as it recognizes and certifies the entire SMT assembly process at an engineering level.
2013 SMTA Certified Engineers:
- Michael Albright, Matric Ltd.
- John Brown, Florida MicroElectronics
- Krista Brown, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Nathaniel Brown, Trenton Technology Inc.
- Jimmy Crow, Rauland-Borg Corporation
- Jamie Curran, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Paul Dickerson, Matric
- Mohamed Farah, Digi International
- Richard Faulkingham, Elscott Manufacturing
- Ian Frank, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Ariel Guzman Rodriguez, Hamilton Sundstrand
- Mike Halverson, APCON, Inc.
- Barry Haskins, Micro Systems Engineering
- Denise Hilley, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Phillip Hunter, Vanguard EMS Inc.
- Ken Kay, Libra Industries, Inc.
- Sascha Koch, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Paul Korcuska, Rockwell Automation
- Ken Kramer, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Manuel Leal Moron, Rain Bird
- Lester Lewis, Florida MicroElectronics
- Adam Musingo, Pennatronics
- Alejandro Nunez, Rainbird
- Craig Nuse, Vanguard-EMS
- Jerry Peasley, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Alfredo Rodriguez, UTC Aerospace Systems
- James Seagle, Engineering Professional
- Thomas Secino, Vicor
- Luis Soto Guzman, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Christopher St. Mars, Pennatronics Corporation
- John Vodrup, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Ray Whittier, Vicor Corporation
- David Wilson, Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
Each SMTA Certification program is a three-day offering consisting of a 1.5-day refresher workshop on topics in SMT Processes or Six Sigma/Greenbelt. The program concludes on days two and three with an open and closed book examination. SMTA Certification is intended for manufacturing and process engineers, but production, design, test and quality engineering personnel, as well as SMT assembly managers may also consider participating.
Upcoming Certification Opportunities:
June 4 - 6, 2013 - Appleton, WI
October 15 - 17, 2013 - Fort Worth, Texas - In conjunction with SMTA International
November 5 - 7, 2013 - San Jose, CA - In conjunction with IWLPC
For information on certification or to register, contact Patti Hvidhyld at 952-920-7682 or email@example.com, or visit www.smta.org/certification/certification.cfm.
The SMTA membership is an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations.