Now it’s in 5th year, Pipe Tech World Summit will be taking place on the 13th - 15th June 2012 at the Grand Cevahir Hotel & Convention Centre, Istanbul, Turkey.
South Stream, Nabucco, IGI Poseidon... Top technical authorities from some of the world’s biggest projects will come together at the 5th edition of the Pipe Tech World Summit to discuss the industry’s most pressing technical issues. Key technological advances, unique challenges, new R&D initiatives – these form the base of discussion at an event at which the ultimate aim is one of sharing vital information and paving the way forward through innovation.
Some of the topics will be covered in 2012
DESIGN, MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
• Outlining a successful development programme & conducting detailed technical studies and design
• Building integrity principles into the planning phase for design and construction
• Managing and maintaining aging infrastructure
• New gases in the pipeline distribution and transportation netgrid - Opportunity or threat
OPERATIONS & INTEGRITY
• Life cycle planning for successful integrity management
• The role of technology in maintaining an enterprise wide culture of health, safety and environment
• Cutting edge tools and techniques for conducting in-line inspections
• Top techniques for identifying stress corrosion cracking
AUTOMATION & MEASUREMENT
• Compatibility and capability of SCADA and control room management systems
• Direct assessment methodologies for measuring the un-piggable pipe
• Creating consistency in data reporting practices throughout the organization
• Innovations in coatings and cathodic protection to extend pipeline lifespan
INTERACTIVE Q&A & PANEL DISCUSSIONS
• Emergency preparedness, response and clean-up
• Developing an enhanced risk assessment strategy for you integrity management plans
If you like to see the full programme please go to www.pipetechsummit.com/programme
Here are just a few of those speaking at the Summit:
• Sakir Arikan, Head of Technical Department, Nabucco
• Roberto Pirani, Chairman, White Stream
• Antonis Natsikas, Technical Director, IGI Poseidon
• B.V. Janakiram, Executive Director – Operations, Indian Oil Corp
• Dennis J. Fahy, First Deputy Director – Operators, Caspian Pipeline Consortium
• Paul Roovers, S&Q Engineer, Fluxys SA
This year, summit attendees will have the opportunity of pre-arranged one-to-one meetings, roundtable discussions, case studies and workshops. For more information please visit the website www.pipetechsummit.com or simply call Richard Jones (Marketing Manager) on +44(0)20 7202 7690.
About World Trade Group
WTG - helping the world do business since 1997.
World Trade Group (WTG) is a leading global integrated media company. Operating within the sectors of energy, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, manufacturing and supply chain and HR, we organise and run some of the leading annual business events, bringing together senior executives from world class organisations for a unique blend of knowledge sharing, networking and deal making.
For more information on WTG's range of events and services, visit our website at: www.worldtradegroup.com/