World Trade Group have successfully been organising and hosting events in the HR industry for over ten years. Following extensive market research, it became apparent that there was no outlet in the market that successfully sought to reward senior industry professionals who were actively contributing to developing and driving best practice strategies. In order to satisfy this gap, the HR Distinction Awards were created.
This year’s HR Distinction Awards took place 24th January 2012 in Birmingham. The awards were presented at the annual HR Distinction Awards Gala Dinner at The ICC, Birmingham to celebrate excellence in HR projects. The gala dinner brought together over 400 senior HR professionals, to acknowledge and provide industry wide recognition for those individuals and teams who demonstrated innovative techniques which helped to rejuvenate the implementation of new HR strategies.
The HR Distinction Awards ceremony saw the celebration of outstanding achievements of HR Directors from the UK’s leading companies and were assessed by a panel of judges selected from some of the UK’s biggest organisations, including Tesco, McDonald’s and Carphone Warehouse. The application process for candidates was kept as simple as possible, but what added credibility to the awards was, the process which the judges went through to select category winner.
“The process that we went through was really robust. A full and thorough process.” - Richard Summerfield, Group HR Director, JT
What was also rewarding is the industries uptake and embracement of the awards. Judge Therese Proctor, Personnel Director, Tesco Stores, felt that it was:
“A real privilege to judge. When judging we were all humbled, not just about the quality of the entries, but about the innovation, creativity and overall effort people had put in.”
Some highlights from the awards ceremony:
• Lisa Winnard from Veolia Environmental Services was elected HR Director of the Year
• Emma Wordsworth, HR Director, Veolia Environmental Services said “We are delighted to be recognised by the HR Distinction Awards in Change Management for the work the team have put in. It can always be a daunting time for staff when integrating between two very different organisations however through the three year plan the team made this transition as efficient as possible.”
• Boots UK awarded Distinction in Recruitment Award Winner with the bespoke assessment project which has been successful in terms of creating great customer care in store.
• Merlin entertainment is the winner of the Distinction in Employee Engagement as a result of 'Merlin Way' employee engagement platform.
Award winner updates:
More of the winners of the HR Distinction Awards 2012 can be found at – http://hrdistinctionawards.com/winners.asp
View live interviews with all our HR Distinction Award winners at - http://www.youtube.com/wtghumanresources
Interested in getting involved in next year’s awards?
The categories for the HR Distinction Awards 2013, will be announced on Monday 16th April 2012. If you would like to be one of the first to receive these details, you can request to be added to our mailing lists by sending an email to Sarah Watson, Awards Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About World Trade Group
World Trade Group (WTG) is a leading global integrated media company. Operating within the sectors of energy, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, manufacturing and supply chain and HR, we organise and run some of the leading annual business events, bringing together senior executives
from world class organisations for a unique blend of knowledge sharing, networking and deal making through our:
• Live events – combining carefully researched conference programmes with facilitated networking sessions to provide delegates with cutting edge information and innovative solutions
• Webinars – real time broadcasts, where participants can receive topical information, pose questions and learn from the presenters’ success storie
• Online events On-Demand – with easy to navigate, password protected web based interfaces, allowing post event access to summit presentations
• Online communities – powerful, rapidly growing online networking resources for manufacturing and HR professionals
WTG is a passionate, client focused business with a proven track record of delivering exactly the right combination of personalised networking, information gathering and focused meetings - giving you real, measurable return from your investment with us.
WTG - helping the world do business since 1997.
For more information on WTG's range of events and services, visit our website at: www.wtginternational.com/