Count On Tools Inc., a leading provider of precision components and SMT spare parts, announces that it has added a Laser Marking & Engraving capability to its manufacturing operations at its facility in Gainesville, GA. The recent expansion is in response to the growing market for SMT nozzles and consumables as well as the increased demand for its precision contract machining services.
According to company representative, Zach Shook, COT recently purchased a Keyence 3-Axis 30W Fiber Laser Marker. Touted as the world’s smallest marking unit, the Keyence Laser Marker’s fan-less architecture, 3-axis beam control, 30 watt output power, and built-in power monitor give it an unrivaled advantage amongst industrial laser markers.
Surpassing the competition, the Keyence Laser Marker delivers a full 30 watts of power directly on the target surface, ensuring that dense, hard metals can be permanently marked and etched in a matter of milliseconds. The ultra-small head offers the smallest footprint in its class, allowing for quick, easy installation in tight spaces.
The Keyence Laser Marker’s head is completely sealed off from dirt and dust, making it ideal for metal processing and other harsh industrial environments. This provides greater stability, reduced maintenance, increased productivity and more mounting possibilities than ever before. Together with newly developed software, the Keyence Laser Marker offers the ideal combination of marking quality, speed, and ease of operation to meet the stringent marking requirements of today’s industries.
Laser marking of industrial products has numerous advantages compared to other marking methods. Industrially applied markings and inscriptions should be permanent, easily readable, economical, and flexible in form and content. COT’s new Laser Marking Service will offer customers the following benefits:
- Mark permanence - Once applied, a laser mark remains with the product for life. There is no chance of fading or falling off.
- Graphic flexibility - Any type of logo, bar code, 2-D data matrix bar code, patent number, trademark, alpha-numeric, icon, symbol, or graphic design can be applied in almost any shape and size. With the 3-D mapping capability, COT can mark across the part profile.
- Process repeatability - Based on the programmed control and high positioning accuracy of the laser, all markings repeat from part to part.
- Non-contact process - Allows for all shapes from flat to concave to convex and cylindrical to be marked with no tool wear and low influence on the material.
- High resolution - Very demanding and complex marks can be produced with clarity and high readability down to character sizes from 0.004".
- Incremental marking - Progress part serialization and sequential number processing is computer controlled with no part to part setup.
- Environmentally friendly - The process is self-contained and generates no waste products.
- High speed - Assures fast turn-around time and cost effective marking because of pre-programmed computer controlled processing movement from piece to piece and design to design is seamless.
- Superior quality and accuracy - Because of the precise nature of the fiber laser beam and the computer controlled marking setting quality and accuracy are maintained throughout the order.
- Material flexibility - Ferrous and non-ferrous metals and plastics can all be marked with the same designs generated from preprogrammed setting that adjust the laser to meet the engraving, annealing, etching, or color change requirements of the material.
As a contract manufacturer, COT and its experienced, knowledgeable management team strives to provide a full line of services to its customers and to continue meeting customers' demands both now and in the future. For more information, visit www.cotinc.com.
Count On Tools Inc., a precision component manufacturer specializing in all aspects of the machining industry, has been setting new performance standards in the SMT pick-and-place nozzle market since 1991. As the ORIGINAL source for high-quality, low-cost vacuum placement nozzles and associated consumables, they have pioneered with world-class development and process engineers that combine to ensure that innovation and competitiveness is applied to all of its extensive product range. The company also stands behind its products 100% with a full warranty. Count On Tools’ products are in use at many of the world's leading electronics manufacturing companies. Proven engineering expertise, coupled with the latest in design and manufacturing technology, has allowed the company to simplify the complexities of the industry and deliver a solution to its customers.
The company also maintains and supports a strong position in the hand tool industry, offering the highest quality hand tools in the world with PB Swiss Tools. These tools compliment any and all high-tech environments requiring optimum performance from both their equipment and technicians.