JUKI Corporation releases high-speed chip shooter KE-3010, high-speed flexible mounter KE-3020V/3020VR and electric double tape feeder EF08HD, upgrading its high-speed, high-quality product lines.
JUKI first developed KE Series machines in 1993 as a pioneer of modular placement machines, combining chip shooters and flexible mounters that enable production lines to be flexibly rearranged to match exact production volume. This modular concept has been widely accepted by many customers since its introduction almost 20 years ago.
High-speed chip shooter KE-3010 is the superior model to KE-2070, and is the first KE Series chip shooter model to support electric feeders.
The high-speed flexible mounter KE-3020V/3020VR is a flexible placer that inherits the KE Series functions while dramatically improving its placement speed as the successor to KE-3020/3020R. KE-3020V/3020VR places a wide range of component types. By using high-speed, on-the-fly vision centering, this system increases the IC component placement speed by 63 percent compared to previous models. Additionally, the new high-speed tray server reduces tray changeover time, improving line productivity because the speed of component supply has been increased.
Both these placement machines accept electric and mechanical tape feeders. In addition to using electric single lane feeders, it is possible to use the newly developed electric double tape feeders. The feeder capacity has been up to a maximum 160 types of components, double the number of the previous model. The larger number of tape feeders increases productivity due to the significant reduction in changeover.
By combining KE-3010 with KE-3020V/3020VR, it will be possible to configure a high-speed and high precision production line that would flexibly support small lot and high mix production. Another combination of high-speed modular mounter FX-3R with KE-3020V/3020VR configures a high-speed, high-quality production line for large volume production of mobile phones and smart phones, flexibly responding to the diversified demands of customers.
JUKI will continue to expand and focus on the sales of these midrange placement machines, allowing various configurations of high-speed and high-quality production lines.
Features of KE-3010 and KE-3020V/3020VR
High-speed, on-the-fly vision centering
- The image recognition performance of camera has been improved. Components picked by the nozzles will be viewed nonstop over the vision recognition camera and our new technology performs image recognition at the same time. Compared with the previous model (KE-3020R), it is a 63 percent increase in placement speed, 9,470CPH (when using MNVC).
High-speed tray servers (Optional)
- TR-7D high-speed tray server* greatly reduces tray replacement time. Any tray component supply speed has been dramatically improved.
- TR-7D high-speed tray server also will be released in the near future.
Electric double tape feeders
- While maintaining the same 17 mm width as the previous electronic single lane feeder for 8 mm tape, a newly released electric double tape feeder provides the capacity of two 8 mm tapes. By mounting electric double tape feeders, it will be possible to set a maximum of 160 component types.
Flexible production line configuration
- By combining KE-3020V/3020VR with high-speed modular mounter FX-3R, it is possible to configure a high-speed, high-quality production line with a high versatility. Electric double tape feeders allow the capacity of a maximum of 400 types of components.
- By combining KE-3010 with KE-3020V/3020VR, it is possible to configure a modular type line that supports low volume with high mix production at high speed and high precision while saving space. Using the electric double tape feeders, setting of a maximum of 320 types of components can be possible.
Improves space productivity
- Compared to KE-3020/3020R, the exterior dimensions have been reduced by 175 mm in width and 30 mm in height, and the weight has been made lighter by 200 kg to improve space productivity.