Industry professionals are invited to submit technical presentations for the first Solar Engineering & Manufacturing Association (SEMA) and Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) Solar Engineering and Reliability Conference, scheduled to take place March 21-23, 2012 in San Jose, CA.
Presentations should be original, unpublished and noncommercial in nature, and address experiments, new techniques, processes and procedures used in the manufacture of photovoltaic and other solar power generation and energy saving technologies in addition to general standards, outlook and issues for PV systems.
Potential topics include:
- Cell and module manufacturing technology
- Global solar outlook
- Quality control
- Test and reliability
- Material evaluations (sealant, EVA, backsheet, junction box, etc.)
- Inverter/microinverter manufacturing and reliability/balance of systems (BOS)
- PV module failure analysis
- General module hazardous issue (electrical/fire)
- Module warranty and traceability
- Tabbing and stringing
- Flash/IR/electroluminescence testing
- Manufacturing reliability and safety standards and development
- Module reliability testing programs
Abstracts (350 words or less) are due by January 13, 2012. Abstracts may be submitted online at http://www.smta.org/solar/call_for_papers.html or e-mailed to Patti Hvidhyld (SMTA) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Mathew Holzmann at email@example.com or Jasbir Bath at firstname.lastname@example.org.