Electronics Industry professionals are invited to submit technical presentations for the first Solar Manufacturing and Reliability Conference, to be held in San Jose, CA on March 21st - 23rd, 2012. The conference is co-organized by the Solar Engineering & Manufacturing Association (SEMA) and Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA.) The abstract deadline is January 13, 2012.
Presentations should be original, unpublished, and non-commercial in nature and address experiments, new techniques, processes and procedures used in the manufacture of photovoltaic and other solar power generation and energy saving technologies in addition to general standards, outlook and issues for PV Systems.
- Cell and Module Manufacturing technology
- Global Solar Outlook
- Quality Control
- Test and Reliability
- Material Evaluations (Sealant, EVA, Backsheet, Junction Box etc)
- Inverter/Microinverter Manufacturing and Reliability/ Balance of Systems (BOS)
- PV Module Failure Analysis
- General Module Hazardous Issues (Electrical/ Fire)
- Module Warranty and Traceability
- Tabbing & Stringing
- Flash/IR/Electroluminescence Testing
- Manufacturing, Reliability and Safety Standards and Development
- Module Reliability Testing Programs
Abstracts (350 Words or less) are due by January 13, 2012. Abstracts may be submitted online at http://www.smta.org/solar/call_for_papers.html or email Patti Hvidhyld (SMTA) at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please call 952-920-7682.
The SMTA membership is an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations.