SMT, PCB Electronics Industry News

Accelerating international growth: Sentica acquires Treston

Dec 02, 2011

A fund managed by the private equity company, Sentica Partners, has acquired a majority of Treston Oy, a provider of furniture solutions for industrial and other technological environments. Over the next five years, the owners aim to build the Group’s net sales to over EUR 100 million through organic growth and add‐on acquisitions.

As a result of the transaction, a fund managed by Sentica Partners holds 60 percent of Treston Oy, while the previous owners retain the remaining 40 percent. Treston's operational management will continue in their current positions.

Over the past few years, the Treston Group has sought considerable growth. Early in 2011 we made a significant move by acquiring Sovella Oy. Co‐operation with Sentica Partners is a logical step forward as part of the Group's growth strategy. Treston's resources will be substantially bolstered by Sentica, and the owner’s together aim to build the company into a leading European manufacturer of technical furniture and storage systems,” says Leo Saarikallio, Managing Director of Treston.

Treston is an extremely well‐managed company that has been able to operate successfully and establish a strong market position, despite fluctuations in economic cycles. Sentica sees plenty of growth potential in Treston both on its existing markets and prospective ones," says Eero Leskinen, Investment Director for Sentica and now also Board Chairman for Treston.

As the acquisition aims to expand the Group in the European market, Sovella/Treston can expect to see an increase in market share in North America markets as well. "With Sentica as a partner, we strengthen the resources and growth potential of the group. The aim is to accelerate the growth of the group through organic sales growth and acquisitions, and strengthen our position in the North American market," says Saarikallio. Daily operations of Sovella/Treston will remain unchanged.




Design your workstation online using our NEW 3D Design Tool

 

May 31, 2013 -

Sovella's Advantage Workstations - The Most Cost Effective Ergonomic Workstation Solution on the Market Today

May 02, 2013 -

Sovella Concept Workstations Maximize Performance and Productivity

Apr 01, 2013 -

Sovella Expands Perfo-Stor™ Tool Storage Solutions

Feb 01, 2013 -

SOVELLA INTRODUCES NEW LINE OF MAGNETIC TOOL HOLDERS

Jan 09, 2013 -

Sovella Announces new Cornerstone Workstation Frame

Dec 07, 2012 -

SOVELLA INTRODUCES NEW LED LIGHTING OPTIONS

Oct 08, 2011 -

Sovella Group Is Acquired By Treston Oy And Strengthens Its Market Position Globally

Feb 19, 2018 -

Horizon Sales Heads to San Diego for APEX!

Feb 19, 2018 -

Cogiscan Is Growing: New Regional Sales Manager for the Americas

Feb 19, 2018 -

CyberOptics Demonstrates Advanced Airborne Particle Sensing Technology Recognized as Best Known Method (BKM) at SEMICON China

Feb 19, 2018 -

Award-Winning Reflow, Selective Solder & Rework from Ersa at SMTA Intermountain Expo

Feb 19, 2018 -

SMTA Capital Chapter to Host Chapter Tutorial Program

Feb 19, 2018 -

IPC Releases New IPC/PERM-2901, Pb-free Design and Assembly Implementation Guide IPC-PERM-2901 addresses the impact of Pb-free on reliability and service life for aerospace, defense and high-performa

Feb 19, 2018 -

Nordson YESTECH Installs BX Benchtop AOI System at Fluid Components International

Feb 19, 2018 -

BTU to Demo TrueFlat Technology for Substrate Flatness at SEMICON China

Feb 19, 2018 -

CyberOptics Demonstrates Yield-Improving Wireless Measurement Devices for Semiconductor Tools at SPIE

Feb 19, 2018 -

Presaturated Surface Prep Wipe

See electronics manufacturing industry news »

Accelerating international growth: Sentica acquires Treston news release has been viewed 984 times

FPC* - Fluid Pressure Control - Dispensing Pump

Smart Factory Starter Kit - KIC