NHUMAI THI DINH
8322 Erickson Blvd. Apt. 17206 , Littleton, CO 80129
OBJECTIVE As a talented Senior Prototype Engineering Assembly Technician / Senior RF Microelectronic Wire Bonding, seek an employment with Ball Aerospace Corp.
Possess 18 years relevant work experience in manual/Auto bonding on Micro-Electronic & RF to support new product development in R&D Lab in defense & commercial sectors.
Have an advanced soldering skill in both Through-Hole/SMT, and J-STD-001 certification.
Experience in fabricating wire harnesses and cables on panels, modules and chassis.
Read and understand electro- mechanical drawings, wire bond diagrams &work instructions.
Skilled at DATACON DieAttach, RF ManualBonding: Ball-Ribbon-Wedge Wire bondings,
thermo compression die bonding, ultrasonic and parallel gap micro welding and soldering.
Set up temperature probes and hot plate. Perform bond pull and die sheer before bonding.
Proficiency in the West Bond Model 4700E, Westbond 7400A Thermosonic Wedge Bonding system, Delvotec G5 and Palomar Wire Bonders. Use DATACON - Foton Die Attach, DVMs, Caliper,LCR meter, HighPower Microscope,Frequency Counter, Spectrum Analyzer.
Excellent hand eye coordination (manual dexterity). Detail oriented and accurate.
Knowledge of MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750. Basic computer skills.
Lockheed Martin - Space System Company
RF Assembly // Specialist on RF Manual Wire Bonding // 2014 - 2015
• Fabricated and assembled engineering prototype of High Frequency Hermetically Sealed Hybrids and various RF assemblies by using hand Tools ( Tweezers, Vacuum pencils, Soldering Irons ) and also including Die Bonding, Ball-Ribbon-Wedge Wire Bonding, Test Fixtures, Bond-Pull, Reflow Oven, Solder Screen Printer, and Laser Marking.
• Operated Thermosonic Welding and Wire Bonding in 1.0 mil wire and .8 mil wire.
• Performed Wire bond machine preventative maintenance, calibrations and troubleshooting
Teledyne Microelectronic Technologies Company Lewisburg, TN
Senior RF Microelectronics Wire Bonding Technician 2014
• Performed heavily wire bonding on microelectronics hybrid multi chip assembly, and RF packages using Hughes and Delvotec automatic/manual lead bond, die attach, and solder.
• Identified and remedied misplacement of wire bonds. Set up and made corrective adjustment.
// RF Microelectronics Wire Bonding and Corrective Wire Bonding Rework //
Microsemi, Inc. Midtown, Atlanta, GA( RF and Analog Mixed Signal R&D Group)
Senior RF Prototype Micro-Electronics Bonding R&D Lab Technician 2013 - 2014
• Worked in Engineering R&D Lab building RF and Microwave prototypes. Perform multiple
activities, but is not limited to, hands on Manual/Automatic Wire Bonding systems to bond from (pads, substrate, die ) to package leads, die-attach, Auto-pick-place, Load/unload components from oven and Plasma cleaning station, Epoxy dispensing, and expert in placing solder paste on pads and soldering under Microscope to fabricate and modify complex RF QFN microwave hybrid packages and sub-assemblies with removal and repair of wire bonds and 0204-micro-component. Assembles, inspects, modifies and reworks Microwave Integrated Circuit (MIC) modules over hot-plate. Performed Bond-Pull-Test.
// Microelectronic & RF package bonding fabrication process //
• Setup, adjusted, and operated engineering lab test equipment and maintained machine tools for various types of electronic / bonding equipment.
Operate Manual / Automatic West Bond Model 4700E system. // Bonding Equipment Maintenance //
L3 Communications Display Systems Alpharetta, GA
( Defense & Aerospace Division )
Electromechanical Assembly Engineering Technician 2012 - 2013
• Performed electronic engineering prototype works including component inspection, board preparation, soldering, de-soldering, component replacement, run wire jumper, repair touch-up and applying solder paste on pads of PCBs and packages to ensure that the installed components on a device conforms to its specification per ECP’s instructions. Fabricated and assemble military electrical harness connectors. Performed potting, sealing, conformal coating, and adhesive bonding of CCA and electronic modules.
Performed ultrasonic die bonding, and parallel gap micro welding and micro soldering techniques. Obtained L3 industrial soldering, ESD certifications and trained in hazardous safety issues.
// Modifies and reworks electronic subsystems, subunits, assemblies, components, chassis, harnesses and cables. //
• Following production process along with approved procedures, methods, drawings, prints, schematics, or written work instructions and utilizing various test instruments and equipment in manual, semi-automatic and automatic to assemble, modify, rework, disassemble or reassemble deliverable modules and subsystems including tinning, component forming, harness preparation, manual component insertion, automated component insertion, cleaning, bench test setup, functional testing and Burn-in associated with the microelectronic components, CCAs and electromechanical subsystem. // Test //
• Demonstrated experience working with R&D Hardware Engineers in supporting ECP modifications and PCB prototype builds with attention to detail and Worked from assembly drawings, planning and parts lists and schematics, sketches, oral and written instructions requiring the identification of all circuit symbols, wiring codes and electrical components.
// ECP & Un-conformance Rework Compliance //
EMS Technologies, Inc. Norcross, GA
(Defense & Space Systems Division)
Senior RF Microelectronics Process Technician-MIC Incoming Inspector 2008 - 2012
• Performed conforming/non-conforming inspections, measuring physical dimensions and evaluation testing on microelectronic parts (transistors, capacitors, inductors, resistors, diodes, substrates and packages) and Epoxies for space, and military electronic systems using high-power microscope, leak detectors and optical measurement equipment. Reported data on Rev. check, defects and rejects based on MIL-STD specification. // Mil. Inspection //
• Operated semiconductor die-attach and wire bond machines to die and bond Gold wires into RF packages per engineering micro-circuit bonding layout drawings and instructions under microscope and with using of both manual manipulator for precise die / bond placement and Auto bonding setup for proper bond strength, loop high and bond length. // Bonding //
• Experience working with high-compliance military products and Microelectronic processes.
• Performed MIC inspection with high power microscope up to 500x, brazing, Eutectic FET Die attach, manual wedge bonding and Auto bonding to support F-22 process engineers on failure analysis, ECN and process improvement for electrical testing and tuning purpose.
Operate Delvotec G5 and Palomar Wire Bonders // Support Engineer in bonding process //
AEROFLEX, INC. , Sunnyvale, California
Senior RF Micro-Electronics Bonding Engineering Technician 2002 - 2008
• Loaded, monitored, tested and prepared silicon wafers for bonding operation step.
• Performed various bonding operations on RF semiconductors and microwave modules including gold-aluminum-Wedge bond, Ball bond, Wire bond and ribbon bond under microscope. Did bond-pull to ensure machines functioning according to specifications.
Operate Westbond 7400A thermosonic wedge bonding system. // Bonding //
ENDWAVE , INC. , Sunnyvale, California
Senior RF Micro-Electronics Bonding Engineering Technician 1998 - 2002
• Performed Ball bonding , Ribbon bonding , Wedge bonding , Auto bonding , Eutectic FET
Die-attaching and Beam-Lead Diode attaching for RF substrates. Epoxy Sealers (Polaris).
Set up , troubleshot and maintained Bonding machines in good condition.
// Die-attach & Bonding //
• Performed bonding on engineer prototype assembly of integrated microwave modules using modern assembly techniques (wirebond, flipchip) and performed RF substrates testing.
Operate Westbond 7400A thermosonic wedge bonding system. // Prototype Bonding //
CELERITEK , INC. , Santa Clara, California
(RF Thin Film & Semiconductors)
RF Micro- Electronics Bonding Engineering Technician 1995 - 1998
• Performed Couple/Cross Wedge bond and Eutectic FET Die-attaching. Gap welding under high power microscope on Thin Film circuits and amplifiers.
Operate Westbond 7400A thermosonic wedge bonding system. // Die-attach & Bonding //
• RF substrates and amplifier circuit testing. // RF Microelectronic testing //
Graduated at Coastline Regional Occupational Training ,Westminster, CA 1995. Certificate of completion in Electronic Technology.