Alpha Advanced Materials, a business unit of Alent plc and the global leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of innovative specialty materials used in a wide range of industry segments, including electronics assembly, power electronics, die attach, LED lighting, photovoltaics, semiconductor packaging, automotive and others is seeking a R & D Manager, Solder Products for their semiconductor packaging research facility located in Suwanee, GA.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for organizing and driving product development for AAM’s solder products materials related to semiconductor packaging, military, aerospace and medical applications throughout the world. This position also requires internal collaboration with Alpha and Enthone R&D groups, marketing and technical representation at key accounts and cultivation of customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Apply a strong sense of urgency to product development of core solder products such as paste flux, flip chip fluxes, polymer fluxes, and solder pastes.
• Manage, supervise and lead a team of scientists and technicians to develop solder related products.
• Work with Marketing, Technical Service and Sales to understand customer needs and develop/execute product specifications and technical plans
• Ensure all products developed comply with required regulatory requirements
• Ensure that the product development process is followed under the ISO/TS certification
• Protect company related IP including lab note books, timely filing of invention disclosures and patent applications.
• Continually assess the need for analytical, mixing, application and testing equipment that enables and accelerates product development.
• Coordinate product development activities at multiple sites including US and Asia
• Identify, evaluate and qualify new and novel raw materials that provide a competitive advantage to AAM. In addition, collaborate with Purchasing to ensure an acceptable supply chain of specified raw materials for production needs is accomplished.
• Develop and oversee the generation of technical data, technical presentations, data packages, technical datasheets, technical reports, technical papers and technical roadmaps
• Remain fully aware of competitive products, technical papers, patents and strategies. Conduct competitive product benchmarking
• Identify strategic issues and contribute innovative solutions to address these items.
• Support development and execution of business plans as requested.
• Participate at trade shows as requested
• Must possess a BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent field with 12 plus years of industry experience in product development. Master’s or Doctorate degree in Chemistry with 7 plus years of related experience preferred.
• Previous supervisor experience required
• At least four years experience with a materials company desirable.
• Certification in Six Sigma DFSS and/or DMAIC a plus
• Experience working with electronics, microelectronics and semiconductor companies preferred.
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50% of working time.
All applicants should apply online at http://www.alpha.alent.com by clicking on the “About Us” tab and then “Employment”
Equal Opportunity Employer: /Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled – E-Verify Company