Job offered by Spectrum Staffing, Inc.
March 4, 2011 (updated: March 4, 2011)
Metro Atlanta, , United States
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer (with emphasis in Nuclear Products)
Location: Metro Atlanta
Status: Temp-to-Hire Opportunity
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Recent 10 CFR 50 Appendix B / NQA-1 experience required, along with a minimum of five (5) years, of directly relevant commercial nuclear (power generation or DOD) work history is required. The successful candidate will work comfortably in an evolving QA environment; providing QA support activities on assigned project/program and/or functional area(s) to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and company quality requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform quality and administrative procedure development / revisions for the control of design, procurement, manufacturing and sub-contract activities.
• Assess and improve implementation to committed QA program requirements (10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR Part 21, NQA-1 and ISO 9001: 2008).
• Develop or review technical evaluations and procurement requirements, including commercial grade item dedication plans / reports.
• Review / check design engineering, manufacturing and quality documentation for compliance to company and customer requirements.
• Perform supplier quality audits, commercial grade surveys and source inspections, at domestic and European suppliers (estimate 20% travel - respond to customer and supplier inquiries regarding quality assurance subjects and issues).
• Prepare inspection plans for internal as well as supplier oversight. Support internal oversight activities including corrective / preventative actions and issue-tracking.
• Responsible to monitor compliance aspects of the control and security of classified and unclassified information.
• BS degree from an accredited university in an engineering discipline such as Electrical, Electro-Technical, Electronic, Quality (relevant practical and applicable experience with other education background may be considered). Completion of Nuclear Auditor Training / Certification a plus.
• A minimum of five (5) years of directly relevant commercial nuclear work history with experience with a Nuclear Quality Assurance program.
• Thorough understanding of Quality Assurance regulations, standards and guidelines such as 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, ASME NQA-1, IEEE Standards, etc.
• The ability to effectively perform and document audit, inspection and oversight activities.
• Possess or capable of obtaining Nuclear Lead Auditor certification accordance with ASME NQA-1 and ANSI Standards.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and software packages including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, etc…) and others related to the field.
• Ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
• Knowledge of how to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics, familiar with the requirements of IEEE 323/344 and EPRI 5652.
• Some experience in shop fabrication environment either electronic or mechanical is a plus.
• Experience with instrumentation and control systems is a plus
• US Citizen
Position is subject to pre-employment drug / alcohol screening, criminal background check, verification of past employment and current work eligibility. In-person application, interview, and skills testing are required.
Qualified candidates may forward confidential resume and salary requirements to Scott@spectrumstaffinginc.com
QA Engineer (Nuclear Products) job listing has been viewed 668 times