Logic PD collaborates with clients to help them launch products that accelerate growth and capture value in the Internet of Things (IoT). Logic PD helps at any stage in the product lifecycle by being the complete product innovation and product realization company for connected devices in the world's most demanding markets. From system integration expertise to embedded and connected device offerings, Logic PD helps its clients identify opportunities, reduce risk, and control costs to deliver innovative products to market faster. The company is headquartered in Minnesota, with manufacturing facilities in Eden Prairie, Minnesota and Mexico.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Drives manufacturing engineering consistency and best practices in all manufacturing sites.
* Manages and develops a technical team and coordinates activities to successfully manufacture high-mix, low-to-medium-volume printed circuit board assemblies, higher level assemblies, and box build assemblies.
* Analysis and identification of root causes in issues with production processes, design, and components and determines and drives corrective actions.
* Monitors Production Yields and assigns technical resources appropriately to prevent
* Coordinate resources to ensure correct priorities are being addressed and the forecast is attained.
* Manages employees to ensure effective selection, retention, development and performance management.
* Inspire and lead others through organizational change.
* Review revenue and labor goals daily to monitor production status.
* Develop, report and analyze key performance metrics.
* Identify and implement programs that improve labor efficiency and on time delivery
* Actively lead, identify, and motivate others to actively participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
*Optimize efficiency on SMT line and Electronic Assembly process
* Standardize NPI Processes and Coordinate DFx Improvements back to the Design Group and Customers
* Perform placement equipment evaluation and optimization.
* Present analytical results in front of internal employees, management, customers and suppliers.
* Develop Material and Process Validation and Qualification Plans
* Propose New Plant Layouts depending on Customer Demand Needs
* Coordinate Customer Tours of the Facility
* Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements Minimum Job Qualifications
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
* 3 - 5 years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing leadership role; proven ability to successfully manage a team of technical professionals and attract and retain key technical talent.
* Experience in contract electronics manufacturing; working knowledge of board and system level assembly.
* Visible sense of urgency, proven ability to challenge the status quo.
* Proven ability to drive a performance based culture using measurement systems and data. Ability to create and implement new measures as required to support business level metrics.
* Strong working knowledge and experience in SMT, Wave, Wash, and Hand Solder Operations, Solder Chemistry, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), Automated X-Ray Inspection (AXI), Flying Probe Test, In-Circuit Test, Functional and System Test, Conformal Coating and Quality Assurance
* Self-driven/motivated and strong team player with proven ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
* Ability to organize, create, analyze and action a wide variety defect data and statistical process control data.
* Ability to design and use visual management techniques as required across production work centers.
* Extremely strong working knowledge and proven track record of completed Lean projects and Kaizen events.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to deliver presentations to internal employees and management as well as customers/suppliers, including training and management presentations.
* Proven ability to apply analytical problem solving methodologies, exercise sound judgment and fact based decision making skills.
* Knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) methodologies.
* Experience working in an AS-9100, ISO-13485, FDA-QSR, ITAR regulatory environment.
* Proficiency with Microsoft PC based (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Project) software
Other Skills and Abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.