Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

Reflow solder issues with 6pin SOT's

Views: 1004

mtd

Reflow solder issues with 6pin SOT's | 9 August, 2005

I am having reflow issues with small 6 pin SOT's. The joints on these components still look like solder paste after the reflow oven. I have tried adjusting the profile on forced air oven. Any recommendations as what to change in the profile or process to help?

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

Rob

Are they being shadowed by larger components?

reply »

Initial points for investigation are: * What temperatures are you measuring on the leads that do not reflow well? [How does this match with the paste supplier's recommendation?] * Does the component take solder after being dunked in the solder pot? * Does the board solder when you run it across the wave solder pot? * Describe the soldering of other components on this board.

reply »

RDR

Try cooling them down in the profile.

reply »

mtd

The solder on the rest of the board looks good. There are no large components around these parts. We check the profile using a KIC and it met the recommendations of the solder paste manufacturer. I have not did a dip test of the board or components.

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

reflow oven profiler

Reflow Oven