Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

SMT Product Line Expansion

Infinity

SMT Product Line Expansion | 21 April, 2005

Dear all,

I am doing some small business selling solder paste, chip capacitors and resistors in China. I am going to expand the existing SMT product line.

Can you experts throw in some ideas? For example, what other products would you all think of when I mentioned solder paste? what are the related products that I can add to the existing product line that belongsto the same industry?

In other words, what other products can I sell along with solder paste, chip cap and resistors? I know there are probably a lot but I want to gather some thoughts from you guys. How about listing the top 10 products relating to solder paste?

Any help will be appreciated.

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

Rob

Hi, you may want to try some of the following:

Chip Inductors Transistors Diodes Logic Vregs

I know of a few companies that may be looking for representation in this area, of which I can e-mail you the details.

Best regards,

Rob.

reply »

Top 10 products relating to solder paste are: * Printer * Stencil * Stencil storage rack * Squeegee * Squeegee holder * Under stencil wipe * Under stencil cleaning fluid * Stencil cleaner * Dispenser * Paste stirrer * Used paste / empty paste container disposal * Protective gloves

reply »

RDR

Maybe throw in some paste measurement equipment?

reply »

Carmine Garboza

Maybe poll your customers and ask them what else you should carry or they are willing to buy from you?

reply »

Infinity

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your advice. Hereunder is my email address:

inno_finity@yahoo.com

Please email me the details you mentioned.

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

Infinity

Thanks a lot, I absolutely agree with you. Very thorough list indeed.

However, I am looking more into the materials and components. I should have made it clear in the beginning. I apologise.

reply »

URL

SMT Product Line Expansion | 22 April, 2005

Stencil wipes. Adhesive. Ahesive cleaner. Hand Dispensing tools for paste and adhesive.

reply »

Infinity

SMT Product Line Expansion | 24 April, 2005

Dear all,

I am still seeking help. Any suggestions anyone?

reply »

SMT Product Line Expansion | 28 April, 2005

If what you are talking about is "assembly materials", then consider the following:

- Solder paste - Wavesoldering fluxes - Bar (for filling wavesolder pots) - Underfill (for TCE-mismatched CSP's and flip-chip) - Cleaning fluids (for post-reflow boards and for stencils) - BGA balls and metal preforms - Solder wire and flux for rework

There's a hundred varieties of solder paste, based on variations in:

- Deposition method: Stencil / screen / dispense - Alloy type: Sn63, Sn62 etc... - Powder size/size distribution (size 2, 3, 4... per J-STD-006B) - Metal loading (usually 84-90%w/w) - Flux activity (OL1, RM0 etc.) - Post-reflow cleaning (no-clean, water-washable etc)

I hope this helps.

reply »

SMT Product Line Expansion | 28 April, 2005

What about things like tweezers, vaccuum pens, and hand held optical tools? I mean jewelers loupes and magnifing glasses. You might want to carry two classes. Economy models at low cost and higher end more expensive ones.

Stephen

reply »

Infinity

SMT Product Line Expansion | 6 May, 2005

Thanks alot. It sure helps, I am going to look into details.

reply »

Infinity

SMT Product Line Expansion | 6 May, 2005

Thanks for your advice. I agree with carrying both high end and low end tools. Thanks!

reply »

Infinity

SMT Product Line Expansion | 7 May, 2005

Any more referrals? Useful links?

email: inno_finity@yahoo.com

reply »

SMT Product Line Expansion | 8 May, 2005

hi Infinity: i think the splicing tape is useful to you maybe,such as double splice tape,four splice tape,splice tape for panasonic,splice tape for simens and so on. i come from china,maybe you will visit http://www.comofaje.com and looking for the products you need

reply »

Plasma Prior to Conformal Coating

Reflow System