Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

DEK 265

JSK

DEK 265 | 19 May, 2004

Low voltage readings on (PSU 2).

should be: = is: +12V = 4.3V -12V = 8.6V +24V = 7.6V

Anysuggestions? (Other than buying a new card.) Thanks, jsk

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

SWagner

DEK 265 | 19 May, 2004

You might have something dragging down your power supply, I have had the color monitor do this when it approachs the end of its life span, I have also had the power supply itself go bad but the voltage is usually 0. Unplug the monitors and see what happens.

reply »

jsk

DEK 265 | 20 May, 2004

Voltage checks out ok after i unplug the monitor and unplug the dc voltage suppy to the y1 enclosure. I lose the 24v and 5v line completely when i plug these in and voltage drops on the +12v and -12v, which leads me to believe a bad power suppy. What kind of test can i do to the power supply for current output?

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

SWagner

DEK 265 | 20 May, 2004

I do not think it's your power supply, its probably the monitor, I spent two days nearly four years ago on this problem, the 265's power supply can be dropped out by a problem with any of the voltages, they are not isolated. Try using a known good computer monitor instead of the systems monitor.

reply »

jsk

DEK 265 | 20 May, 2004

UP AND RUNNING!!! Power supply is good but i found two loose wires in connector 12PL26 (DC to Y1). I think i may have another bad connection inside the Y1 enclosure. Monitor seems to be working OK.

Thanks for your help, jsk

reply »

Chunks

DEK 265 | 21 May, 2004

Check the surge protector on top of the power supply. Pretty common problem on the 265s.

reply »

Plasma Prior to Conformal Coating

Heller Industries Mark 5获得了 2015年中国SMT远见奖 - 回焊炉领域