I have been using Isopropyl Alcohol for years using a Right angle spray bottle in a tub without any problems. As alcohol has a low flash point, what other chemicals are there that are inexpessive and do not product a waste stream? Note: Isopropyl Alcohol evaporate quickly and the wipes can be put in the dross bucket for recycling.
IPA is a poor choice for a cleaning solvent. * As you mentioned, the flash point of IPA (~12�C TCC). This is sufficiently low that all electrical equipment within a few feet of the bath should be flameproofed or intrinsically safe, if you don't want a fire. * IPA is a mild toxin and prolonged exposure (respiration or dermal) can cause headaches and symptoms akin to drunkenness. * IPA soup needs to be cleaned from the board, after cleaning it with IPA.