Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum
SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.
I have the following questions on Via in Pad and want to und...
- Sep 14, 2002
via in pad | 14 September, 2002
I have the following questions on Via in Pad and want to understand each of them wrt :
- complete Via in pad - partial encroachment - via partially in pad
1) What is the general feel for via in pad for upcoming designs?
2) What are the manufacturing bare PCB's related concerns, issues and possible drawbacks for using via in pad?
3)What are the assembling PCB's related concerns, issues and possible drawbacks for using via in pad?
4) Will solder flow thru. the vias and cause solder balls on the other side? Please explain different scenarios from your experience.
5)Are there any reliability concerns and known issues?
6)Will there be any possible manufacturing related issues regarding solder volume and tombstoning? Please provide any data that is available.
7) Please provide different graphical views of possible via in pad solutions if you are aware of with design rules.
8) What are the pad sizes we should avoid via in pad for?
9) Is it okay to lose soldermask dam using via in pad? Does this lead to cold solder joints?
Thanx in Advance...
© 1995-2017 SMTnet
Who are SMTnet visitors?
Become a member now and receive the value and benefits of membership.