We currently use Kapton tape to cover a display. The only real purpose for this tape is to cosmetically protect it thoughout the process. The display gets hand soldered and washed, so the idea of the tape being high temperture isn't a factor. Because kapton produces so much static electricity, I was wondering if any of you guys are using something different to serve this purpose that doesn't have so much static electricity.
Our display suppliers provide displays either with: * Molded plastic cover that we recycle to them * Plastic film like the guys that change your oil put on your wind shield to remind you when to get your oil changed.