Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

PBGa's rework

Karmen

PBGa's rework | 28 September, 1998

hello everybody(happy Monday). sorry guys, i forger to mention this in my previous message. I work in a prototype lab, and we are going to start using PBGa's, so that means that I have to learn how to remove & install PBGa's. did somebody knows what equipment can I get for 4k.(That's my company budget). Any advices from the experts are welcome. Thank you. Karmen.

reply »

Scott McKee

Re: PBGa's rework | 28 September, 1998

| | hello everybody(happy Monday). | sorry guys, i forger to mention this in my previous | message. | I work in a prototype lab, and we are going to start using PBGa's, so that means that I have to learn how to remove & install PBGa's. did somebody knows what equipment can I get for 4k.(That's my company budget). | Any advices from the experts are welcome. | Thank you. | Karmen. You may try PACE, but may run around $5K

reply »

Jim Conway

Re: PBGa's rework | 29 September, 1998

Anyone have any comments on the SRT 1000 (~$55K)?

| | | | hello everybody(happy Monday). | | sorry guys, i forger to mention this in my previous | | message. | | I work in a prototype lab, and we are going to start using PBGa's, so that means that I have to learn how to remove & install PBGa's. did somebody knows what equipment can I get for 4k.(That's my company budget). | | Any advices from the experts are welcome. | | Thank you. | | Karmen. | You may try PACE, but may run around $5K

reply »

Rick Thompson

Re: PBGa's rework | 8 October, 1998

Jim, We have an SRT Summit 1000. It's a nice machine, but may be overkill if you're only looking to place and remove small quantities of BGA's. In 4+ months of use, we've had good success placing and reflowing a variety of BGA's including UBGA. Support has been responsive when we've had questions or issues. We primarily chose it over some of the lower cost options (OK, A.P.E., etc) for the ease of use it affords our operators. The interface is straight forward requiring very little operator intervention. | Anyone have any comments on the SRT 1000 (~$55K)? | | | | | | | hello everybody(happy Monday). | | | sorry guys, i forger to mention this in my previous | | | message. | | | I work in a prototype lab, and we are going to start using PBGa's, so that means that I have to learn how to remove & install PBGa's. did somebody knows what equipment can I get for 4k.(That's my company budget). | | | Any advices from the experts are welcome. | | | Thank you. | | | Karmen. | | You may try PACE, but may run around $5K |

reply »

pcb components X-ray inspection