Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

charging pcb batteries

jason

charging pcb batteries | 14 November, 2000

Hi, I have a question about charging up batteries.

I have two batteries in series, they are NiMH PCB mounted rechargable batteries that are used for battery backups etc.

I want to be able to recharge these batteries, so I wont have to buy new ones each time. It is necessary that i recharge them both at once because of the circuit they are a part of i can only recharge them both at once since they are joined together in pairs.

The batteries are 3.6V, 12-15 maH capacity. The recommendation for charging them is at a rate of 1.2ma for 10 hours.

charging can be timed for this period of time, as the batteries are completely discharged at present.

All i need is a simple circuit which will somehow charge both batteries at a rate of 1.2ma for 10 hours.

I have considered the possibility of using solar power but there is never any sun and it also would not be a regulated current.

My other option is to charge them using some sort of mains adapter, or a 9v battery which has been charged up with a regular battery charger to reduce the risk of electrocuting myself!

does anyone have any suggestions, they would be much appreciated?

i dont know much about electronics so it will have to be a basic description, detailing what order the components have to go in and so on.

thanks for your help jason

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

Re: charging pcb batteries | 14 November, 2000

I've got this thing made by Rayovac from Wal-Mart for charging rechargables.

reply »

Plasma Prior to Conformal Coating

Six Sigma Training