Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

SMT chip component drop after DIP

Views: 2307

SMT chip component drop after DIP | 9 October, 2016

Hello everybody Good day My company is facing big problem with Chip drop after dipping I have analysis many case focus on 02 main cause 1. Handling process -> I would like to ask after glue bonding is abalibity drop. I test by force equipment that it is very difficult to drop after reflow 2. Very due by DIP machine. I check after Dip many chip drop. I wonder the glue not qualify I am using IR 130. Could you help me how to check the quality of glue IR 130 And the reflow profile how is suitable for it Thanks and best regards

reply »

SMT chip component drop after DIP | 11 October, 2016

On Measuring glue strength: Here's what our friend Bob Willis [what seems a short while ago] said ...

Further, there's lots of blab in the SMTnet archives on glue testing, torque, shear, push, testing tools, different glues etc No shortage of opinions here.

On your process flow: Last time [what was a long time ago] I did the the process that you're describing, it went: Top side SMT=> Reflow => Top side DIP => Bottom side glue => Bottom side SMT => Wave solder ... We couldn't keep the DIP clinch apparatus away from the bottom side SMT if we did the bottom side SMT prior to DIP.

reply »

PCB X-Ray Inspection

FPC* - Fluid Pressure Control - Dispensing Pump