Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore?

Views: 7206

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore? | 8 March, 2016

I am trying to decide how to best dispose of our old running Siemens equipment. I would like to get something for them but I am not sure who needs these older machines I have about 8 available; any ideas guys?

reply »

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore? | 8 March, 2016

Try the PicknPlace Yahoo group, Gumtree, CraigsList, Ebay etc, a local secondhand SMT machinery reseller, There is a small list on my wwebsite.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~sarason/Links.html

sarason

reply »

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore? | 9 March, 2016

As we are located in Canada, i am hoping someone in North America could use some of the machines or at least spare parts. They still place 0603's pretty good.

reply »

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore? | 9 March, 2016

You may want to list them under the SMT Equipment & PCB Machines list here or contact some of the dealers that use this site. They don't always read the Forum posts.

Jerry

reply »

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore? | 11 March, 2016

> I am trying to decide how to best dispose of our > old running Siemens equipment. I would like to > get something for them but I am not sure who > needs these older machines I have about 8 > available; any ideas guys?

> I am trying to decide how to best dispose of our > old running Siemens equipment. I would like to > get something for them but I am not sure who > needs these older machines I have about 8 > available; any ideas guys?

The S15-F3 series is a really reliable if the the operators can servicing and "tune-up" them.

If you have replacement parts, they you can use them for 4-5 years. Replace the scales on Y-X axises, have replacement sleeves, DP-axis o-rings and has replacement axis-servo cards if you get a problem. The weekly-monthly maintance is much higher for the S15-F3 series compared the newer machines. The old series need to replacing and maintance the sleeves and DP-axis o-rings every week or every 2week. The newer machines (like S20 or higher) need sleeve cleaning which is much faster.

They (s15-f3) are good machines but the used software is a really flustrating. Our old production line has freezing and connection error really often. The Windows-based software is much more user-friendly, faster and I think the new program writing is much more faster - but the software is not as user-friendly as on other machines.

If you have chance, go for the newer machines. You can use your currently used feeders on the S20-S27 series too.

reply »

Does anyone run Siplace S15 and F3's anymore? | 14 March, 2016

Thanks for your thoughts Kristof, we have done the maintenance on these machines but have recently removed them from production just after a complete calibration. I have no doubt that they would have continued to run effectively for a number of more years, but the company owner has decided to give Juki a try. That said, we had to make room for the Juki's. I have these machines listed on a number of sites but have had no responses so I was wondering if companies are still running the S15's & F3's and might require spares as we don't have storage.

reply »

PCB Cleaning

Fluid Dispense Pump Integration