Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

Solder pot testing

Views: 2648

Solder pot testing | 21 October, 2008

Hey all,

I'm looking for a place to get the solder from my wave flow tested, any suggestions?

Thanks!

reply »

Solder pot testing | 21 October, 2008

Many bar solder suppliers offer such a service

reply »

Solder pot testing | 23 October, 2008

Our solder bar supplier provides this service free of charge. I also use an independant lab in the UK for testing too. Well solder suppliers are hardly going to tell you that you have an issue with solder they supplied are they..........?

reply »

We use Cooksons prepaid "Pot-Rite" program which sends you as many preaddressed envelopes and order sheets as you order. When it comes time to send out a sample you just pop it in the envelope and mail it out. They also have all the molds and ladles you need to. You also get a nice report usually within a couple of days of bath contents.

http://www.cooksonsemi.com/techservices/potrite.asp

JD

reply »

If you're questioning their motivation for testing accurately, I'm sure they would *love* to sell you stuff to balance your alloy composition ratios or just replace all of your solder outright.

IOW, I don't think you need to worry about them padding the results (nor would I expect them to BS you unless you're buying your solder from Cousin Guido's Wave Supply and Fake ID Store).

reply »

Bodycote is an independant test lab that can run ICP impurity analysis. We used them a few years back to evaluate 2 different bar and wire suppliers.

reply »

Thanks all

reply »

StikNPeel™ Rework Stencils

Metcal soldering rework