Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

SMT equipment

Views: 1678

Jim

SMT equipment | 19 September, 2008

I am looking to replace our current smt line of a Contact 3S. This has been our only machine and we have had it for about 6 years. We are looking for 100 plus feeder capacity and 10k plus placement rate with a diverse component range. I am considering Contact C5, Juki 2050/2060 and Assembleon Opal. The Contact has the feeder capacity and speed. We would need a combination of the Juki 2050/2060 or 2 Opal to meet our needs. I have planed visits to the manufacturers and some OEMs that have the Juki and Opal. I cannot find an OEM or contract house in my area that has the Contact. Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated..

reply »

We're surprised that your Contact sales representative can't tell you the location of machines near your plant. We expect them to give you a list of customers including address, contact, phone number, and other stuff.

reply »

Jim

I have asked for references but have not received any. Have been told because of security issues I would not be able to do a site visit to the one closest me.

reply »

You should really look at Samsung machines as well. We have been very happy with our CP45's since replacing our Assembleon line with them.

reply »

SMT equipment | 22 September, 2008

you might want to check out panasonic they can handle a lot of feeders on one machine and are fast We have universal advantis machines have had them for a year have'nt had any problems yet. have not had universal calibrate them yet still placing parts correctly we run 2 shifts 5 days a week the machines we have are advantis AC30L and 2 advantis AX72 I also have 2 old universal thur-hole machines I have always gotten the replacment parts fast a day or two I can't seem to remember the last time that I needed a part and could'nt get it the next day and this is on an old unimod machine and a 9 year old axial machine.

reply »

Jim

SMT equipment | 24 September, 2008

Thanks, I'll check them out.

reply »

Electronics Equipment Consignment

SMT Machines