Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

Selective Solder Machines

Views: 1745

Selective Solder Machines | 19 November, 2007

I am currently looking at selective solder machines. The two that i have looked at are the KIss 104 and the APS Novastar SP A400. Both machines are in the price range i need to be in. There are very different from each other as far as how they do the job. Ive looked ar Vitronics Soltec but they come with a heavy price for a entry machine. As well as some ridiculous charges for options like a $3,000 to check the preheaters for compliance and accuracy. To me things like that sould be included. Anyway im just looking for peoples experiences and recommendations.

reply »

Selective Solder Machines | 19 November, 2007

Hi Taint,

Both machines work OK. The big thing you may over look is pre-heat. Things like flux spatter/boil tend to come into play if you don't pre-heat. Change over, ease of programming, and service are also things to think of.

reply »

Selective Solder Machines | 20 November, 2007

I looked at the Kiss104 and the SPA-400 at the SMTA show in Orlando. I spent an hour with the ACE rep, and walked away totally confused as to how the machine is programmed. I spent 10 minutes with the rep from APS Novastar, and using their Photoscan Editor software, I had a board programmed in 5 minutes!!! No kidding! The SPA-400 also has much faster speed than the Kiss machine. Our project is on hold until the first quarter of '08, but I am putting in a PO for the SPA-400 on Jan2. I hope that helps you.

reply »

Have fun writing another P.O. for the hundreds of fixtures that you will need to run your products thru the Novastar.LOL

This message was posted Add this forum to your site! Click to learn more. the Electronics Forum @

reply »

Wim

> I am currently looking at selective solder > machines. The two that i have looked at are the > KIss 104 and the APS Novastar SP A400. Both > machines are in the price range i need to be in. > There are very different from each other as far > as how they do the job. Ive looked ar Vitronics > Soltec but they come with a heavy price for a > entry machine. As well as some ridiculous charges > for options like a $3,000 to check the preheaters > for compliance and accuracy. To me things like > that sould be included. Anyway im just looking > for peoples experiences and recommendations.

Hello, we have a whole range of selective machines from ZipaTec. Very easy programming. Just have a look at our website (www.interflux.com.sg). They are one of the most economical available in the market.

reply »

Please take a look at the write ups here on this forum regarding the ACE KISS systems. Have you taken a look at and reviewed the Pillarhouse systems ???

reply »

Used PCB Equipment - AdoptSMT

PCB machines