Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design SMT Electronics Assembly Manufacturing Forum

Printed Circuit Board Assembly & PCB Design Forum

SMT electronics assembly manufacturing forum.

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert

Mark

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 30 January, 2004

I was wondering if anyone is using Fuji Flexa yet first of all. And if so what form of CAD socketing and documentation did you get? At the moment I run SMT programming (FujiCam) and Doc Control(Unidoc) so I will be seeing the whole picture. This will include SMT parts to throughhole. We got Flexa coming in March and we are leaning more towards Aegis software for the CAD and Documentation side. But of course second guessing and asking input on others that have dealt with any of this yet.

reply »

RNH

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 4 February, 2004

I have Flexa with the circuitcam interface. Works great for importing cad file into circuitcam and then exporting program into Flexa. I don't use the documentaton side of circuitcam much.

reply »

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 26 March, 2004

If you are interested in references for the use of Aegis software with the Flexa interface, feel free to contact Aegis directly and they can supply that to you.

Aegis HQ - 215-773-3571

reply »

Alan

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 1 April, 2004

I have also been using Flexa with the Circuitcam interface. Very easy application to use. The documentation package is very nice also if you plan on using it for visual aids.

reply »

Mark

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 14 April, 2004

Well, it's been a month and I have used Flexa (Fuji America) and Circuitcam (Aegis). I do enjoy circutcam alot better than our Unidoc visual documentation. The customer support is off the hook and easy to deal with and software is operator REALLY friendly (2 day training). The Flexa is easy install and if you have FujiCam knowledge it is very simple to learn (3 day training). Oh by the way .... Hi Heather.

reply »

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 15 November, 2004

> Well, it's been a month and I have used Flexa > (Fuji America) and Circuitcam (Aegis). I do > enjoy circutcam alot better than our Unidoc > visual documentation. The customer support is off > the hook and easy to deal with and software is > operator REALLY friendly (2 day training). The > Flexa is easy install and if you have FujiCam > knowledge it is very simple to learn (3 day > training). Oh by the way .... Hi Heather.

I'm in the process of reviewing current FujiCAM/Flexa transition. Does anyone had experience with Assembly Expert with Flexa transitioning from FujiCAM? What is the reason for you to go with CircuitCAM instead of Assembly Expert? I appreciate any feedback on this.

thanks,

reply »

Mark

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 17 November, 2004

I can reply to this if you wish if u want to contact me mmjm_1099@yahoo.com. And if you wish to talk on the phone contact me through email and I will call ya.

reply »

Alan

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 23 November, 2004

I was highly debating the purchase of Tecnomatix (Assembly Expert) software. However, went with Circuitcam for a few reasons. Call me at 248-994-3012 if you want details.

reply »

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 23 November, 2004

Hey there Alan whats new? Drop me an email so we can stay in touch so we may discuss some Flexa and Circuitcam usuage. And anyone else out there they may see this do the same and we can have a email to discuss ideas or situations.

mmjm_1099@yahoo.com

reply »

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 2 December, 2004

There are a few solution out there...Aegis, Valor, Technomatix...each with their own shortcomings. Check out the integrated solution offered by Router Solutions Inc. & Sony. They offer a real solution to cover the entire assembly and test cycle, without compromise. This is not a sales pitch...check out for yourself @

www.timmsweb.com www.rsi-inc.com

reply »

Terry R.

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 10 December, 2004

Has anyone out there actually upgraded from Fujicam to Assembly Expert? I would like to know what you thought of the upgrade procedures/costs, and what you think of the AE software. We have started using Flexa on our lines and are currently programming with Fujicam. I am working on whether or not to add the Aegis CAD interfaces to Flexa to do all SMT in Flexa, or if we should jump to Circuitcam, or if we should simply upgrade to AE. One thing about the Aegis CAD interfaces used with Flexa that I like very much is the ablility to overlay the placement data on top of the CAD data which immediately shows you if something will not place properly.

This message was posted via the Electronics Forum @

reply »

Fuji Flexa and Aegis w/ Circuitcam or Unicam w/Assembly Expert | 16 December, 2004

Can send me an email to discuss some issues I had with Assembly Expert if you wish. mmjm_1099@yahoo.com

reply »

convection smt reflow ovens

Manufacturing Software